We are now looking for a Senior Teradata Database Administrator to work on our strategic client assignments in the financial sector.
You will play a key role in our service delivery as a trusted senior DBA in our high performing data warehousing teams. In your role, you will work hands-on with challenging development and operations tasks, support, lead other team members, and interact with several stakeholders like product owners, tech leads, agile masters, tribe leads and developers.
As a Senior DBA with Teradata background, your role will be tuned based on your experience and future development goals.
The position is located in Helsinki.
Your main responsibilities will include:
• Working as a Senior Teradata DBA in an enterprise wide EDW development and support team/teams
• Teradata performance tuning, backup strategy implementation, workload management, user management, integration with real time data streams
• Acting as a SPOC for Teradata platform related activities
• Guiding and supporting the teams with your excellent Teradata DBA expertise
• Developing automation of data flows across applications and domains in the financial area (Banking and Insurance)
• Implementing Agile DevOps approach to development and maintenance of ETL processes and EDW data storage
Required experience and qualifications to be successful in this role:
• 6+ years of DBA experience with hands on experience in supporting EDW development and operations on Teradata platform
• Role will include both support and development with emphasis on transforming to a DevOps mode with automated solutions
• Teradata DBA, +6 years, excellent skills
• Teradata performance tuning
• Workload Management
• Integration with real time data streams
• Data Backup Strategy
• DevOps\Administrative Automation
• Fluent English, spoken and written
Good to have skills:
• Finnish, spoken and written
• IBM Datastage
• Agile, DevOps
• Json, XML, DB2, SQL Server, Oracle
We know that one of the key components of our success is the talent, skills and knowledge of the people who join our team – professionals like you. This is what we offer:
• Meaningful job and exciting tasks: You will work in challenging projects with products and services that add true value to our customers.
• Experienced and enthusiastic colleagues: You will be part of a dynamic and innovative team where everyone’s knowledge and competences are valued. We strive to create an environment where our professionals enjoy working together and feel empowered.
• Excellent opportunities to learn and to develop yourself: Your career and professional development will be our top priorities. We offer many career paths, and various learning and development programs.
• Benefits of a large and global IT company: We are one of the leading IT companies in the world. In Finland we work locally and customer-oriented. We combine strong local expertise, global resources and certified business models.
Great, because we would love to hear from you! For additional questions, you can contact: Tuomo Kervinen, +358 40 5064959, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Apply for the position as soon as possible. We will be reviewing applications and proceed with the most suitable candidate as we go. Please apply via our careers website at http://www.cgi.fi/ura by clicking on the “I’m interested" button at the bottom of the page by 31.1.2021 at the latest.
Before an employment relationship can be established, the chosen applicant is required to take a drug test and his/her credit report will be checked. A standard security clearance will also be conducted for the chosen applicant.
Find out more and follow us on:
What you can expect from us
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com.
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.