- GOVERMENT HOME
- MEDIA CENTER
- CONTACT US
Public safety and justice
Enabling better information and efficiency for a safer society
Today's public safety and justice organizations recognize the need to modernize so that they can improve citizen engagement and increase operational efficiency. Knowledge is the key, from sharing information securely with other agencies to effectively leveraging insight from social media. Given ongoing budget pressures, integrating and consolidating information is also a critical area of focus.
CGI has built a deep understanding of criminal justice and public safety challenges across Europe and North America based on close relationships with our clients in this sector. Our integrated solutions help these clients adopt modern and efficient work practices to support crime prevention and community policing; crime detection and analysis; courts, prosecution and probation; judicial administration; and border management.
Public safety and justice organizations partner with CGI for better information management, both in real-time and through the networks of associated agencies. We apply our cyber and enterprise security expertise to help them deliver multi-level secure systems. And we deploy innovative technology, such as cloud and mobile, to improve back-office efficiency and information accessibility. Supported by CGI, these clients have taken significant steps to transform their operations, increase citizen engagement and ultimately create a safer society.
Experience and expertise
- Over the last 10 years, we have provided the Crown Prosecution Service of England and Wales with the technology to prosecute over 15 million defendants.
- For the U.S. Department of State, CGI provides services to approximately 5 million U.S. visa applicants annually in 70 countries in 39 languages.
- Community policing (Burgernet) in the Netherlands is a great success thanks to CGI, with more than 1.5 million people participating nationwide.
- The Police National Database, built and operated by CGI, is a critical intelligence system serving every police force in the UK. With a database of over 2.5 billion combined records, it allows forces to work together to make connections between suspects, events and locations.
- We provide secure cloud infrastructure to support the U.S. Department of Homeland Security.
- We are working with the Quebec Ministry of Justice to enhance and manage their applications and the technology infrastructure for their records management and certification registries.