- Financial services home
- Banking and financial markets home
- MEDIA CENTER
- Contact us
Financial market infrastructure
Next-generation platforms with 24/7 availability
More than ever before, all financial market infrastructures need to be continuously available. As the world moves toward real-time processing for everything—from trading to online shopping—the need for reliable, robust and agile supporting infrastructures is critical.
Infrastructure players need to respond to this new 24/7 culture by designing, building and operating next-generation platforms with high throughput capacity and reliability. Many infrastructures need to be completely redesigned to meet these challenges, as well as other challenges, such as the global trend toward low-value payment processing in real or near time.
What we offer
CGI has been helping industry leaders design, build and operate complex, high-volume financial market infrastructures for more than 30 years. We assist not only in the core design of new infrastructures, but the core systems they support. We understand the scale and end-to-end requirements of such projects, and have vast experience in their successful execution.
Critical to a successful outcome is the integration of partners and other third-parties. CGI has built some of the world’s most complex infrastructures, such as SWIFT, and has the knowledge and expertise to provide a complete solution covering the full transaction life cycle and integrating all associated players.
CGI is a trusted advisor to financial market infrastructures operators around the world. We’ve worked with hundreds of clients, building and implementing many of the major infrastructures in place today. And, when it comes to real-time payment infrastructures, we are one of only a few IT service providers with an understanding of this type of work and experience in successfully performing it.
Our experience includes the following:
- We run the major banking payment systems in Canada.
- CGI supported the design and development of SWIFT, and develops SWIFT interface solutions for clients.
- We worked with the European Payments Council to refine SEPA schemes and produce a SEPA test framework.
- Our experts collaborated with the UK’s Payments Council to develop its Account Switch Service.
- We supported the design and development of a new CLS framework and new CLS products, as well as the CLS interface for member banks.
- More than 20 countries rely on CGI’s real time gross settlement systems, which process more than 50 million high-value payments annually.
- We designed and built the U.K. Clearing House Automated Payments System (CHAPS).
To learn more about how our financial market infrastructure experts can meet your business needs, contact us.
Read our blog
April 26, 2017Opportunities for driving client satisfaction in transaction banking
April 7, 2017The true value of customer-centric default management
March 17, 2017Making instant payments pay