- Financial services home
- Banking and financial markets home
- MEDIA CENTER
- Contact us
Banking and financial markets
Accelerating digital transformation to future business models
Since our founding in 1976, CGI has been at the forefront of change in the banking industry. Partnering with more than 2,500 financial institutions across the globe, we help clients accelerate their transformation to digital business models, modernize and automate legacy infrastructures, and implement regulatory and cybersecurity controls.
Through innovation and service excellence, we work to ensure our clients stay ahead of the competition. Our full spectrum of managed services—from IT and business process outsourcing to systems integration and consulting—combined with our in-depth industry expertise deliver the business outcomes our clients need to succeed.
Experience and expertise
Our experts have played a key role in shaping the financial services technology market. CGI’s banking and financial markets experience and expertise encompasses the following:
- We work with 22 of the top 30 banks globally, 20 of the top 25 banks in the Americas, and 19 of the top 20 banks in Europe.
- CGI has more than 16,000 banking professionals working with clients across 5 continents, helping retail, banking, transaction banking and capital markets clients reduce costs while driving competitive advantage.
- We have more than 30 intellectual property-based banking solutions that cover credit risk management, payments, trade finance, wealth management and more.
- CGI’s HotScan sanctions screening software filters 64% of the world’s foreign exchange trades.
- We have completed 350+ implementations of our collections, recoveries and loan origination solutions. Our solutions typically reduce costs by 10-25% while improving recovery rates.
- CGI has been awarded “Star Performer” for IT outsourcing banking by Everest for the past two years.
- More than 1 billion annual transactions are managed by CGI systems in the areas of collections, trade finance payments and insurance underwriting and claims settlement.
- More than 500 million transactions per year are processed through our bank-in-a-box service, RFS Retail Banking.
- Our wealth and portfolio management solutions manage more than $1 trillion in assets.
Read our blog
January 13, 2017A consumer perspective on FinTech disruption (part 3)
January 13, 2017A consumer perspective on FinTech disruption (part 2)
December 22, 2016A consumer perspective on FinTech disruption (part 1)
Global Transaction Banking Survey
Access the results