CGI in Italy
Delivering secure, reliable, innovative solutions into space
Founded in 1976, CGI is a global information technology and business process services provider with 68,000 professionals serving clients from hundreds of locations worldwide. We support our clients through high-quality business and IT consulting, systems integration and managed services, helping them drive greater efficiencies, cost savings and growth.
From our office in Italy, CGI provides services to the earth observation sector. CGI has a 40 year heritage of working with the space industry from the UK, Germany, Netherlands and Estonia. We deliver complex, mission-critical space systems and are a recognised thought leader in space security and space enabled applications.
We are a European leader in the military satellite communications ground segment and serve civilian space agencies, such as the European Space Agency (ESA). We have been working at the European Space Operations Centre (ESOC) for over 30 years and have CGI members in the ESOC Rosetta flight control team who have helped to successfully guide Rosetta and Philae, its lander. Through these long-standing client relationships, and our dedicated practice of space and satellite experts, we have earned a reputation for solving technically difficult software challenges with secure solutions.
In addition to working on major European navigation, communication, exploration and earth observation programs, CGI shares innovative uses of space and satellite technology with commercial organisations to solve business challenges.
Experience and expertise
- Our software has supported the missions of more than 200 satellites
- We deliver systems that produce weather satellite images and data across Europe, Asia Pacific and Africa
- We deliver the maintenance and evolution of ESRIN’s earth observation ground systems.
- We deliver the Galileo satellite constellation control facility that will control all of Galileo's 30 satellites – Europe's strategically important satellite navigation system
- We deliver secure satellite communications to support future Air Traffic Control.