Meet our professionals
CGI has an exciting opportunity for a Sr. Production Support Analyst within our Global Wealth and Capital Markets division (GWCM). GWCM creates, maintains and operates industry leading wealth management solutions to serve our clients’ needs for brokerage processing, portfolio management, fund accounting, shareholder record keeping, plan administration, foreign exchange trading and mortgage securitization.
Our customers include all the major Canadian banks, and numerous other financial institutions across Canada and the US. Our solutions are provided in an application service provider (ASP) model and are relied upon by our customers on a 24x7 basis.
Your future duties and responsibilities
As a Senior Production Support Analyst you will be having client interface, responsible for understanding the business needs of our customers and ensuring our products and services are delivering upon agreed service levels. Ongoing proactive system maintenance, as well as highly reactive incident and problem management are key components of the role. You will be called upon to lead the diagnosis and resolution of application issues, and providing clients with root cause analysis and recommendations for improvements.
The successful candidate who fills this position will be joining a team of experienced professionals, working with the latest technologies in the market in a dynamic fast- paced environment. You will have the opportunity to interact directly with clients, helping them to resolve critical issues; as well as continuously work to improve our overall client experience. We offer a dynamic and flexible work environment with opportunities to build your career.
• Build and maintain relationships with application owners and managers within our client’s organizations.
• Provide incident and problem management – gather key information from supporting sources, determine the appropriate courses of action, and engage & escalate involvement of required resources or management (CGI, customer and/or other supporting vendors), to efficiently resolve issues.
• Work closely with onshore and offshore team members, ensuring services are being delivered according to CGI’s commitments.
• Contribute to ongoing team development, action plans, identify knowledge gaps, processes and skills required for continuous team improvement.
• Support the transition of new clients or projects into Production.
• Identify and manage new Production environment hardening initiatives.
• Provide and/or review and rationalize estimates that will be provided to other teams.
• Ensure accurate billing each month for Production services.
• Identify new business opportunities for CGI.
• On-call as required to resolve escalations, production support operates in a 24/7, high availability environment.
Required qualifications to be successful in this role
• Key operating platform – UNIX, Linux, AIX
• Deployment of Java applications – Websphere/Weblogic/Tomcat
• MQ messaging
• Scripting tools – Kshell, Pearl
• Database administration experience: Oracle primarily, DB2 secondarily
Desired technical skills:
• Application servers, such as WebSphere, WebLogic and JBoss; knowledge of Tomcat
• Agile methodology
• Open to work in a shift and on call rotation to provide 7x24 client support
• Bachelor’s degree in information technology (computer science and engineering preferred); and/or equivalent work experience
Experience and skills:
• 5+ years of experience in similar role, preferably in the Wealth Management industry
• Establishing and maintaining effective client relationships
• Good knowledge of Portfolio Management, Mutual Funds, GICs, Registered and Non Registered products such as RRSP, RRIF, TFSA
• Excellent verbal and written communications skills
• Ability to quickly adapt to new technology or concepts
• Ability to work in a team
• Ability to work under pressure
• Apply enthusiasm, drive and initiative to deliver superior service
• Ability to multitask and work in a multi-vendor environment
• Good problem-solving skills; capable of making disciplined decisions in a timely fashion
• Strong troubleshooting and analytical skills
What you can expect from us
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com.
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer. In addition, CGI is committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities in accordance with provincial legislation. Please let us know if you require a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during any aspect of the recruitment process and we will work with you to address your needs.