Meet our professionals
CGI is the World's 5th largest independent IT and business process services company, providing high-end business and IT Consulting, Systems Integration and IT & Business Management services. CGI has over 100+ IP-based business solutions in 40 countries spanning Financial Services, Government, Healthcare, Manufacturing, Retail, Telecommunications, Utilities and Oil & Gas. We are a proven and demonstrated success, achieving an industry-leading track record of on-time, on-budget projects and innovative solutions.
This is a phenomenal opportunity to become a member of CGI Victoria, providing leading information technology services to our clients. We are seeking a Scrum Master with a minimum of 2 years of experience in a government environment.
In this role, you will bring a combination of Scrum Master experience in an Agile environment and draw from further experience that you have gained in the past as a Business Analyst. This position will give you an opportunity to apply your expertise and become a key part of large client engagements with CGI!
You will collaborate with a team of dedicated specialists, drawing on CGI's global capabilities as well as their own experience, to lead the Scrum team in delivering a product or system in accordance with the process, schedule and expected costs.
This position will join the local Agile practice and help to establish and grow Agile, Scrum and DevOps within the BC region for CGI, applying their expertise and experience to client initiatives.
Your future duties and responsibilities
• Leading/participating in daily scrums;
• Remove obstacles that prevent the team from achieving the iteration goals;
• Facilitate team meetings;
• Support the team during iteration;
• Measure the velocity of the team;
• Accompany the team in the estimation and division of tasks;
• Support the Product Owner in maintaining and scheduling the product book;
• Assist the Product Owner in completing the delivery plan.
• Lead Maintenance / Evolution projects.
Required qualifications to be successful in this role
• Project management, Agile or Scrum experience
• Previous experience as a Business Analyst in a technical environment
Desired technical skills:
• Experience in waterfall and other non-agile project methodologies
• Technical background or experience in SDLC
• Minimum 2 years' experience as a Scrum Master
• Post-Secondary education in technology or business
• Scrum Master Certification
- Business Analysis
- Project Management
- Communication (Oral/Written)
- Agile / Collaborative Method
- Scrum Master
What you can expect from us
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com.
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer. In addition, CGI is committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities in accordance with provincial legislation. Please let us know if you require a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during any aspect of the recruitment process and we will work with you to address your needs.