Meet our professionals
CGI : un employeur de choix
CGI is seeking an Entry Level Software Developer who will be part of a team developing a platform that will radically transform and modernize our industry clients! If you are PASSIONATE about creating something AMAZING – this career opportunity may be for you!
Your future duties and responsibilities
Are you an aspiring developer who loves to learn? Do you host your own web application(s)? Do you find yourself constantly trying to automate and improve what you have? Do you look at complex systems and immediately start trying to work out the individual components, their relationships to each other, and how they all work together?
If you are the kind of person who wants to understand technology from the silicon to the browser, then we may have a job for you.
This is an entry level role ideal for a new or aspiring developer with diverse interests and a desire to learn and grow. Primary responsibilities for individuals in this role will be to make individual contributions within a cross-functional team, taking direction from mid and senior developers, software development engineers in test, and the team lead. These contributions will primarily take the forms of software development and system / software configuration tasks, creation of documentation, and automation of tests.
Individuals in this role are expected to hone and augment skills and experience in preparation for advancement to mid-level developers, contribute to the self-governance of the team and generally take part in running the day-to-day activities of the team. All team members are expected to contribute in every other capacity on the team as needed, including other duties as assigned.
Required qualifications to be successful in this role
Candidates should possess the following core competencies:
• Strong general computing skills
• At least one programming language, at least one of which should be C# or Java
• Understanding of appropriate unit testing framework(s) for known language(s) (appropriate XUnit)
• Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
• General familiarity with SQL and SQL DBEs
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills
• Knowledge of XML, HTML, and related technologies (XSLT, CSS, etc.)
• Highly motivated self-learner
• Basic knowledge of Linux, preferably Red Hat or CentOS
• Basic understanding of Regular Expressions
• Team player that can work individually
• Basic understanding of at least one build tool (Ant, Maven, MSBuild, etc.)
• Basic understanding of version control, preferably with Git
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
• The ideal candidate should also have the following:
• Understanding of Object Oriented Design
• Understanding of design patterns and paradigms
• General familiarity with protocols, patterns, and paradigms of microservices (REST, SOAP, etc.)
• High level understanding of OAuth and / or SAML, preferably with AD /LDAP / Kerberos
• Basic understanding of Virtualization (VMWare, HyperV, VirtualBox)
• Familiarity with network storage (NAS, SAN, and related concepts, protocols, etc.)
• Windows Server Administration
• Linux / Unix Server Administration
• Monitoring (Solarwinds, Nagios, Kaseya, etc.)
• Basic TCP/IP Networking (DHCP, Subnetting, CIDR, Basic Routing, DNS, Basics of firewalls, etc.)
• Familiarity with at least one Web or application server (Apache httpd, IIS, Apache Tomcat, Glassfish, etc.)
• A drive to automate
Our dream candidate would also have the following:
• Various certifications (AWS, CompTIA, Cisco, Microsoft, etc.)
• Troubleshooting experience
• Familiarity with at least one cloud service provider (AWS, Microsoft Azure, Google Cloud, etc.)
• Documentation skills
• A good understanding of version control and related concepts and techniques
This is a great opportunity to join a winning team. CGI offers a competitive compensation package with opportunities for growth and professional development. Benefits for full-time, permanent members start on the first day of employment and include a paid time-off program and profit participation and stock purchase plans.
We wish to thank all applicants for their interest and effort in applying for this position, however, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, gender Identity, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, pregnancy, or other status protected by law
- Object Oriented Programming
- Application Development
What you can expect from us
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com.
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.