Meet our professionals
At CGI, we are a team of builders. We call our employees members because all who join CGI are building their own company - one that has grown to 77,000 professionals located in 40 countries. Founded in 1976, CGI is a leading IT and business process services firm committed to helping clients succeed. We have the global resources, expertise, stability and dedicated professionals needed to achieve results for our clients - and for our members. Come grow with us.
CGI offers a competitive compensation package with opportunities for growth and professional development. Benefits for full-time, permanent members start on the first day of employment and include a paid time-off program, profit participation and stock purchase plans.
This is a superb opportunity to become a member of CGI, based in Victoria, to provide leading information technology services to our clients. We are seeking a Full Stack Developer with a minimum of 5 years IT experience in large enterprise environments.
In this role, you will bring a combination of maintenance and development experience as a Full-Stack Developer. You will work with a diverse portfolio of technologies while contributing to several projects. As part of a larger team, you will also have the opportunity to work and learn from some very experienced and hardworking developers and architects. This position will give you an opportunity to leverage your expertise and become a key part of large client engagements with CGI!
If you are looking to advance your career while gaining experience in a challenging and diverse development environment, then this is the opportunity you've been looking for!
Your future duties and responsibilities
• Participate in the development and deployment of new applications, system software, and/or enhancements to existing applications
• Collaborate with analysts, designers and system owners in the delivery of new software programs and applications
• Develop data extractions or reports from client requirements, and investigate data related issues
• Develop strategies for improving and leveraging systems
• Provide technical leadership and mentoring to other team members
Required qualifications to be successful in this role
• 5 years of progressive experience as a Developer and extensive experience in application development and maintenance, including experience with:
o Python, Flask, SQLAlchemy, Marshmallow 3, JSON-LD, and JSON schema for API development, including writing pytests;
o Oracle and Postgres;
o OpenShift, building Jenkins pipelines, YAML files;
o Typescript, Vue, Vuetify, Vuex;
• Knowledge in DevOps solutions and techniques (environment management, version and source);
• Experience in working in an Agile development environment;
• Excellent oral and written communication skills.
• Experience writing end to end Selenium tests;
• Experience with SQL Server Development, Integration and Reporting;
• Experience with reporting tools such as MS Reports / Cognos / Crystal Reports
• Experience with infrastructure management;
• Familiarity with government systems and/or Professional Services delivery.
• Ability to communicate ideas in both technical and user-friendly language
• Excellent listener with good interpersonal skills
• Degree, diploma, or certification in the computer science field or, an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- Postgre SQL
What you can expect from us
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com.
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer. In addition, CGI is committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities in accordance with provincial legislation. Please let us know if you require a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during any aspect of the recruitment process and we will work with you to address your needs.