CGI has a unique opportunity for a Senior Corporate Meetings & Events Specialist to focus on the company’s corporate meetings and events.
Qualified candidates will bring to the team strong organizational and people skills with the ability to coordinate a wide range of activities in support of high-visibility corporate meetings throughout the year.
The Senior Specialist joins a small collaborative team as part of the CGI's Global Strategic Planning team which supports CGI’s leaders with shaping the strategy of one of the world’s largest end-to-end IT and business consulting services firms.
Reporting to the Manager, Corporate Meetings and Events, the Senior Specialist is responsible for day-to-day coordination and support across a wide range of event planning and logistics.
Your future duties and responsibilities
• Acting as the lead project manager for the annual Leadership Conference for all Vice-Presidents
• Helping to plan and execute the transition from in-person and virtual events to hybrid or in-person events
• Supporting the events team with venue research and proposals as well as digital meeting technologies
• Coordinating the set-up and tracking of meeting registration using an event management tool
• Maintaining an accurate master list of attendees, including status tracking and details such as food allergies
• Supporting the logistics of executing an event, on-site meeting registration set-up and badging, breakout group and table seating assignments, signage, décor, transportation coordination, printing, and acting as the point of contact for ad hoc team meeting requests and chargebacks.
• Maintaining the mobile apps for all assigned meetings/events, including uploading agendas, attendee lists and profiles, surveys, and any files to share.
• Supporting the event team with venue coordination on areas such as A/V requirements and menu planning.
• Helping prepare and distribute meeting agendas or other content, as needed.
• Handling first-level questions from meeting participants and directing them accordingly
• Maintaining the master corporate meeting calendar, including statutory holidays across our global operations.
• Setting up vendors within the procurement system and tracking all payments to ensure proper close-outs
• Updating budget files for the event managers or owners to ensure accurate visibility into costs
• Working with the team and assistants to schedule reviews and dry runs associated with meetings
• Preparing binders, presentation packs, or copies for meetings.
• Maintaining the event tool database and the team’s electronic file systems associated with corporate meetings.
• Providing a wide range of on-site logistics support for local meetings.
Required qualifications to be successful in this role
The successful candidate will have the opportunity to showcase his/her organizational skill and relationship building ability by working closely with members of the Global Strategic Planning team, the executive assistants to the firm’s executives, colleagues across the globe, and contacts at external venues and vendors.
• 5 years of dedicated experience in the planning and coordination of meetings and/or events
• Strong knowledge of event logistics elements, including food & beverage, event management tools, and AV
• Fluency in French and English, both written and spoken
• Understanding of current trends for remote / digital events and meetings
• Strong Project Management skills
• Intermediate to advanced Microsoft Office skills, particularly PowerPoint and Excel
• Excellent organizational skill with precise, conscientious attention to detail
• Strong collaboration skills and ability to build positive relationships with a range of internal and external stakeholders
• Ability to work on a variety of projects across internal clients
• Ability to work flexible hours in line with business needs, event / meeting schedules, and critical deadlines
• Quick learner and flexible to adjust priorities and deliverables within tight deadlines
• Solution driven, positive attitude
• Discretion in handling and/or having access to details of executive-level meetings
• Internal client-focused; delivers results and demonstrates personal accountability
• Intellectual curiosity – asks questions and strives to find new and innovative ways to complete tasks
Education and Certification:
Bachelor’s degree in a related field – such as marketing or communications – preferred
What you can expect from us
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com.
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer. In addition, CGI is committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities in accordance with provincial legislation. Please let us know if you require a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during any aspect of the recruitment process and we will work with you to address your needs.