We are looking for iOS developer to be part of a dedicated team focused on the development and support of our client’s iOS applications. Our developers work closely with Product Owners to develop specifications and make recommendations on the use of new and emerging technologies. Development, UAT and product support are all elements of this position. The right individual for this role will be a motivated and energetic developer who takes initiative, enjoys finding solutions to a varying number of challenges, is detail-oriented and takes extreme pride in their work.
We are offering a $5k signing bonus to candidates who could start in January 2020.
Your future duties and responsibilities
• Develop new features of iOS video player and enhance reference application
• Develop and write automated tests
• Work with a multi-disciplinary team to understand system/application requirements and recommend appropriate solutions; including Designers,
• Backend Developers, and QA Analysts
• Provide ongoing support of existing production applications
• Understand how the technology being implemented works and being able to explain it to others
• Provide documented option analyses and lead/drive decision making on those options
• Assist in the collection and documentation of user's requirements, development of user stories, estimates and work plans
• Participate in peer-reviews of solution designs and related code
• Prepare reports, manuals and other documentation on the status, operation, maintenance and support of applications
• Assess opportunities for application and process improvement and prepare documentation of rationale to share with team members and other affected parties
• Adhere to high-quality development principles while delivering solutions on-time and on-budget
• All other duties as assigned
Required qualifications to be successful in this role
• College Diploma or University Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related discipline
• 7+ years experience with native iOS development (iOS SDK, Swift, Objective C, Cocoa Touch)
• Fluency in Objective C and Swift
• Experience with iOS 9+ SDK, AutoLayout and Storyboards
• Experience with Git
• Experience with automated testing (XCTest preferred)
• Experience building iOS applications using web services, including knowledge of networking protocols
• Experience with agile development methodologies (Scrum)
• Experience with debugging, performance profiling and optimization
• Experience with planning and writing technical documentation
• Superior problem solving skills
• Internally motivated, able to work proficiently both independently and in a team environment
• Strong communication skills with both internal team members and external business stakeholders
• Strong initiative to find ways to improve solutions, systems and processes
• Detail oriented with good time management skills and the ability to prioritize in a fast paced environment
• Keeps up to date on industry best practices and technology
Nice to have:
• Knowledge of modern video streaming technologies
• Knowledge of Chromecast SDK
• Experience with AVFoundation and AVKit
• Experience with third party analytics libraries, (Krux, comScore, Omniture, Conviva, MOAT)
• Experience working with Google IMA
What you can expect from us
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com.
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.