CGI’s Global Wealth & Capital Markets group is looking for talented Java Development expertise in a leadership capacity to drive solution and delivery.
This is an opportunity to join our CGI’s Wealth360 team which delivers sophisticated and flexible Wealth Management solutions that supports all facets of fund accounting, portfolio and investment management.
Your future duties and responsibilities
• Lead delivery teams which develop new custom applications, enhances/ modernizes existing applications, and provides system integration services
• Assist Project Manager in the planning and estimation of project deliverables
• Plan, direct and coordinate daily activities with the team members
• Contribute to the development of standards and processes
• Technical leader able to work in an agile environment that requires adaptation to changing digital transformation needs.
• Supervise the progress of development activities
• Perform code reviews and Support the team in troubleshooting technical issues
• Enforce coding standards and best practices
• Assist project manager with adhering to project deadlines and schedules
• Create High Level and Detailed Design for the projects
• Provide technology leadership to the team.
• Coach, Mentor and Train team members in Technology and Process.
• Sound knowledge of Agile frameworks like Scrum, Kanban, Lean and xTreme Programming.
• Be the go to technical representative of a team.
Required qualifications to be successful in this role
• 7+ years of full stack development
• 3+ years IT Industry experience in application development as a team lead or technical manager
• Experience in design, architecture , Proof of Concept and Proof of Technology
• Excellent understanding of key concepts of architecture in a distributed environment
• Object oriented programming, design patterns, performance tuning, Web Services, Micro Services, Responsive Web Design
• Solid experience in technology implementation: Java, Spring ( Spring Boot, Spring MVC ), Hibernate,
JSP, Servlet, Beans, Angular JS, Angular 6.x, HTML5, CSS3
• Experience with development life cycle including:
o Source control ( CVS, Subversion ,BitBucket, Git etc.)
o Builds and build delivery ( Jenkins , Maven , Ant etc.)
o Development of unit tests ( JUnit , TDD, Mockito etc.)
• Knowledge of XML , XSLT , XML Schema and JSON
• Experience in developing webpages/websites ( single page application , Enterprise web applications )
• Experience working with middleware / web server: WebLogic (an asset), Websphere, JBOSS, Tomcat
• Programming experience with Oracle PL / SQL or MS SQL or SQL in general
• Solid experience in debugging and troubleshooting complex distributed systems.
• Proven ability to write high quality technical documentation
• A hands on leader (able to code, able to dig deep)
• Knowledgeable in Wealth Management domain, with experience in Fund Accounting preferred
• Demonstrated ability to learn new technologies, applications and systems
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Strong organizational and leadership skills with the ability to facilitate technical sessions
• Can communicate in both technical and business terms
• Ability to lead multiple projects simultaneously
• Ability to manage a geographically distributed development teams
• Knowledge of ZK Framework is an asset
• Working experience in React JS
• Exposure to containers like Dockert, Kubernetes
• Ability to extract matrix/progress/milestones from JIRA or other collaboration tools for stakeholders
- Development Life-Cycle
- Web Application Development
What you can expect from us
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com.
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer. In addition, CGI is committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities in accordance with provincial legislation. Please let us know if you require a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during any aspect of the recruitment process and we will work with you to address your needs.