We have a challenging and rewarding opportunity for a Legal Counsel—Commercial to join our Legal team on a full time basis. The position will be based at CGI’s head office in Montreal, Canada and will report to the Senior Legal Counsel.
Your future duties and responsibilities
• Drafting, review, negotiating and providing timely advice in respect of a wide array of commercial agreements, with a particular focus on information-technology related agreements.
• Reviewing requests for proposals from private sector and governmental clients.
• Participating in stakeholder business opportunity assessment meetings to determine legal risks involved.
• Advising stakeholders on CGI’s policies, procedures and frameworks.
• Advising on day-to-day commercial legal inquiries.
• Supporting Senior Legal Counsel, as needed.
Required qualifications to be successful in this role
• Law degree from a recognized law school and be a member in good standing of a Canadian provincial bar association, preferably the Quebec Bar Association (Barreau du Québec).
• Between three (3) to five (5) years’ experience as a lawyer in a national or international law firm and/or within an in-house legal department, specializing in commercial law matters.
• Experience reviewing, drafting and negotiating information-technology-related commercial contracts would be a definite asset.
• Strong analytical, negotiating and drafting skills;
• Effective prioritization and management of multiple legal issues;
• Good and practical business and legal judgment, and ability to balance business needs and risk;
• Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work in a collaborative, fast-paced and dynamic environment.
• Excellent communication skills (written and spoken) in both French and English.
What you can expect from us
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com.
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer. In addition, CGI is committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities in accordance with provincial legislation. Please let us know if you require a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during any aspect of the recruitment process and we will work with you to address your needs.