Would you like to be part of an IT organization offering greater opportunity and challenge? We have a position for you within our Technical Service Desk! Join the CGI Service Desk and get your career on the fast track. As a leading-edge Global IT company, we are seeking talented professionals with all levels of information technology skills and expertise in order to support our Clients worldwide.
Based on our industry-specific focus, we can offer you a work environment where you will be challenged and will grow and develop your career in a meaningful way. We will help you reach your full potential by providing learning materials & training, mentoring & coaching, as well as ongoing recognition and feedback… plus opportunities to advance! You will work in an agile environment that adapts quickly to meet client requirements.
The Service Desk Technician is responsible for providing Level 1 IT support via phone, email and chat; our team is comprised of dynamic, passionate people with a focus customer service while providing IT support to diagnose, troubleshoot and resolve IT issues on 1st contact. We are dedicated to delivering a remarkable service experience to our customers!
Your future duties and responsibilities
SERVICE DESK TECHNICIAN PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES
• Provide quality customer support for all incoming contacts (via call, chat, email or web ticket) for IT-related issues or requests
• Perform diagnostics, troubleshooting and resolution activities for incidents or requests being reported, based on knowledge articles for incident or request processing & fulfillment
• Appropriate use of all tools available for resolution activities (remote take-over, knowledge base, ticketing systems, communication)
• Log & categorize all contacts within an incident management (ticketing system) tool
• Assign contacts that cannot be resolved on first contact to 2nd/3rd level support teams as per the knowledge base
• Collaborate with 2nd/3rd level teams as required
• Ticket Follow-Up: monitor personal ticket queue daily and take appropriate action
• Identify and escalate urgent / priority incidents as required
• Develop knowledge and keep up to date on new processes or procedures
Required qualifications to be successful in this role
• At least one year of Service Desk experience
• Solid understanding of Windows O/S systems 7, 8 & 10
• Proficiency in MS Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint
• Bilingual (English & French) both verbal and written
o Additional languages such as Spanish or Portuguese an asset
• Focus on customer service / client satisfaction
• Attention to details / precision
• Strong analytical skills
• Keyboarding skills
• Familiarity with MAC support
• Available 24/7
EDUTATION / TRAINING / WORK EXPERIENCE
• Post-secondary education in technical / pc support or equivalent work experience
• Solid focus on Technical support & Customer Service / Understanding of providing quality client support while propelling the customer experience
• Understanding of networks
• Knowledge of technical troubleshooting techniques (for PCs & OS, network, mobile devices)
• Knowledge of application support
• Dynamic team player
• Strong Communication skills (verbal & written)
• Results-oriented / self-motivated to succeed & evolve skills (continuous improvement)
• Ability to work within a team setting while demonstrating self-sufficiency and independence
• Availability to work shifts and adhere to schedule (good time-management / good organizational skills)
What you can expect from us
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com.
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer. In addition, CGI is committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities in accordance with provincial legislation. Please let us know if you require a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during any aspect of the recruitment process and we will work with you to address your needs.