Meet our professionals
We are a global IT and business consulting services leader, and after 40 years, we're still growing! Join Canada's largest IT Company in our Global Wealth and Banking Services Division in Toronto.
CGI supports our members’ career aspirations, offering learning initiatives and provides access to our global health and wellness program. We also offer competitive compensation and benefits such as our share purchase plan, a profit sharing program, flexible schedules that guarantee a good work-life balance!
Innovation, technology and service delivery are our focus. Our goal is to ensure our clients remain ahead of the competition. We provide a full spectrum of services from Business Consulting and Systems Integration to Managed Services and IP Solutions that are transforming our clients’ operations and helping them to succeed.
Your future duties and responsibilities
• Convert client requirements into solution architecture and design.
• Lead preparation of solution design.
• Provide Technical leadership and exposure across a broad scale of tools, technologies, and architecture models.
• Help program and project managers in the design, planning, and governance of projects.
• Provide direction, coaching and technical leadership guidance to the development teams during application development life cycle.
• Perform code reviews and support the team in troubleshooting technical issues.
• Excellent writing skills, oral communication skills, strong process skills, and leadership ability.
• Be the go-to technical representative of a team.
• Ability to multi-task and prioritize for self and team member.
Required qualifications to be successful in this role
• Minimum 3 years + related experience in a technical lead role.
• Minimum 7 years + related technical and development experience.
• Education: College/Degree in Computer Science/IT, any recent certification in relevant discipline preferred.
• Hands on experience with:
o Provisioning, configuration and operating a Kafka cluster in multiple hosting environments (Azure, GCP, Kubernetes)
o Multi-cluster Kafka replication
o Kafka security and encryption
o Kafka performance optimization
o Developing Kafka listeners and consumers in Java as Microservices
o Kafka operations and scaling
o Creating self-service endpoints/services to allow consistent and self-service access for development and data teams
• Well versed with Java, Spring boot, REST APIs, micro-services
• Development experience in data and message bus technologies such as Kafka, RabbitMQ
• Knowledge of CI/CD DevOps best practices and the tools to implement them such as Git/Gitlab, JIRA
• Experience using configuration management tools such as Ansible, Puppet, Chef
• Knowledge of containerization and related tools such as Kubernetes/Openshift, Docker/Docker Swarm
• Experience working in an Agile or Scrum environment
- Configuration Management
What you can expect from us
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com.
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer. In addition, CGI is committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities in accordance with provincial legislation. Please let us know if you require a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during any aspect of the recruitment process and we will work with you to address your needs.