Works independently under limited supervision and applies knowledge of subject matter in Applications Development. Possess sufficient knowledge and skills to effectively deal with issues, challenges within field of specialization to develop simple applications solutions. Second level professional with direct impact on results and outcome
Your future duties and responsibilities
This project requires the expertise Hadoop Admin Professional to understand the Big data infrastructure requirements of the customer, offer best and cost effective solutions and implement the solution delivering quick, effective, un-monitored and automated.
• Good exposure and architectural knowledge of Hadoop eco system services like Hbase, Hive, Spark, Zookepeer, impala, YARN
• Expertise in setting up HA for HDFS, YARN, Zookeeper
• Experience in Cluster performance tuning
• Experience in Hive and spark query tuning
• Experience with database replication and scaling
• Experience application troubleshooting and root cause analysis. Initiates corrective actions to stay on schedule
• Automation experience using scripting languages (Shell, Ansible, Python etc.)
• Analyzes designs, creates and implements Big Data infrastructures, including access methods, device allocations, validation checks, organization and security.
• Installs, upgrades, and tests complex big data deployments. Assists in system planning, scheduling, and implementation
• Develops and implements recovery plans and procedures.
• Extremely strong Unix/Linux skills
• Very good communication and work management
• Design, install, and maintain highly available systems (including monitoring, security, backup, and performance tuning)
• Must possess good analytics and problem solving skills
• Must be willing to work flexible hours
• Rotational weekend 24X7 support
Required qualifications to be successful in this role
Years of experience: 4-6 Years
Primary Skill: Hadoop System administration
Secondary Skill: Shell scripting/Ansible/Python scripting and Linux
- Shell Script
- Hadoop Hive
What you can expect from us
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com.
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.