Meet our professionals
CGI IN CANADA
Canadian roots, global reach
Founded in Canada in 1976, CGI has evolved into the country’s largest IT services provider, serving as a long-term, committed partner to clients in Canada and in more than 40 countries around the world. With more than 12,000 professionals across Canada, we work where our clients do business, providing local responsiveness and accountability that ensure the highest level of service and support.
CGI is more than just an IT consulting company; we are a global organization offering a world of opportunities. Become part of a unique culture that gives you the freedom to innovate, to make decisions, to achieve your full potential, and to chart your own career!
CGI's BC-region seeks a senior technologist to set enterprise strategy and vision for advanced analytics modernization initiatives for our clients.
Your future duties and responsibilities
The advanced analytics strategist will set the overall enterprise roadmap and lead the establishment of a centralized analytics platform for the analytics, AI and machine learning community. Responsibilities will include:
- Collaborating with executive teams to define important metrics, key objectives, focus areas for improvement and feasibility roadmaps
- Providing direction on development, implementation and rollout activities
- Proposing modern data industry best practices in management and reporting of data, and will ultimately be accountable for helping to drive transformative changes within our client organizations.
Required qualifications to be successful in this role
The successful candidate brings an understanding of modern data architecture and experience with core data services like data preparation and ingestion into data lakes, data warehouses, data marts as well as relational and dimensional modeling, data quality and master data management. With extensive experience leading advanced analytics and data governance projects, other experience will include:
- Strong proficiency with modern big data technologies and full stack development methodologies
- Designing and leading data analytics strategies
- Defining and leading analytics programs - specifically around web analytics, digital marketing, intelligent customer experience and journeys
- Implementing and understanding of tag management platforms
- Hands on experience leading and managing large enterprise wide initiatives for reporting, advanced analytics and information delivery.
- Experience with streamlining data collection and integration processes.
- Ability to recommend and implement industry best practices for advanced and real time analytics.
- Experience with cloud technologies, and the associated data science, analytics, data management, and data visualization tools, such as Azure, AWS, GCP etc.
- Experience and familiarity with data science competencies such as application of algorithms and modeling with tools (R, Python etc.)
- Research methodologies and principles (qualitative and quantitative)
- Advanced skills in the design, deployment, and evaluation of tools, frameworks, and patterns to build scalable data platforms
- Excellent data management skills and analytical thinking capabilities
- Outstanding presentation skills with a high degree of comfort, to leadership and program stakeholders and organization executives
- Ability to convey and understand organizational goals.
- Superior written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to lead and guide technical and business teams
- Well versed in documenting use cases, solutions, and recommendations
- Ability to work under pressure and prioritize while supporting multiple projects
- Proficient with collaborative conflict resolution
- IT Governance
- Data Architecture
- Artificial Intelligence
- Big Data
- Cloud Computing
- Advanced Analytics
What you can expect from us
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com.
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer. In addition, CGI is committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities in accordance with provincial legislation. Please let us know if you require a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during any aspect of the recruitment process and we will work with you to address your needs.