Meet our professionals
We are seeking talented individuals with 5 - 8 years working experience in software development, working closely with our internal and external clients. If you have the experience, drive and commitment, now is the time to make yourself known to us.
Your future duties and responsibilities
• Work in team-oriented environment, providing software development technical expertise and guidance to key stakeholders on variety of enterprise scale applications and projects;
• Work closely with clients, project managers, business analysts, and architects in order to develop effective and high-quality enterprise software solutions;
• Understand and apply a variety of project life-cycles, methods, and software development techniques;
• Design, code, test and implement application software that is delivered on time and within budget, using sound software development practices and secure coding requirements;
• Understand and adhere to policies and procedures such as change management, project governance, configuration management, and release management;
• Aid in the diagnosis, correction, and prevention of service outages, defects, and other production or operational issues;
Required qualifications to be successful in this role
• 5+ years software development working experience preferably with the Java Enterprise Edition platform and dealing with enterprise level applications/solutions
• Advanced expertise in a variety of technologies and products related to Java EE
• Application servers, such as Glassfish, JBoss, Websphere, and WebLogic
• Java EE technologies such as JSF, EJB, Web Services, JMS, JCA, Security, Authentication
• Continuous Integration products such as Jenkins, ANT, Maven, Subversion and GIT
• JSF widget libraries such as JBoss Rich Faces, PimeFaces, etc.
• Web application frameworks such as the Spring Framework and Apache Struts
• Report servers such as Jasper Reports
• Database Servers and Tools such as Oracle PL/SQL and SQL Developer
• CASE tools such as Sparx Systems Enterprise Architect
• Familiarity with BC provincial (or other public sector) IT environment and security policies is an asset.
• Highly self-motivated and capable of working with minimal supervision
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• University/College degree or diploma in Computer Science, Software Engineering or a related discipline, or equivalent combination of experience and education.
• Certifications in information technology, software development, and related products incl. Oracle/Sun, ITIL, etc. are considered an asset
• Application Development
• Application Management Outsourcing
• Continuous Integration
• Jasper Reports
• JEE / EJB
- Application Development
- Jasper Reports
- Communication (Oral/Written)
What you can expect from us
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com.
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer. In addition, CGI is committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities in accordance with provincial legislation. Please let us know if you require a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during any aspect of the recruitment process and we will work with you to address your needs.