The financial sector is in full transformation. New digital players are trying to conquer this market, and our clients, the more traditional players, are competing to digitize their own products and services. The quickly changing technological landscape is offering a lot of possibilities in this domain, but at the same time, a lot of obstacles are surfacing. Technologies such as blockchain & open API’s will open up the financial world to external players and make new business models possible.
Did you just graduate, or are you already at work for a few years? We are looking for motivated colleagues that can offer us a technological added value on all domains.
Your future duties and responsibilities
As a software engineer, you will be working on several projects for & with our clients. This role will require communication and interaction with multiple internal and external clients. If you have experience in web development and are excited about continuous learning opportunities we want to hear from you.
Your responsibilities will include:
• Leading and participating in daily scrums
• Participate in planning tasks and supporting team leaders in coordination of activities
• Design software modules that interact with larger software project
• Participating in development according to team best practices
• Performing unit tests on developed components and lead other tests according to team methods and procedures
Required qualifications to be successful in this role
• Good communication skills in English combined with native French or Dutch
• Relevant programming experience (Object Oriented, Functional)
• Relevant experience with front-end frameworks such as Angular or React
• A good understanding of web services and API building (REST, SOAP, HATEOAS, RESTDOCS)
• Experience/affinity with database technologies such as SQL & NoSQL (MongoDB)
• Knowledge of software development methodologies such as Agile & Scrum
• Experience in using development tools such as GIT , GRADLE, MAVEN, NPM, WEBPACK
• Interest in new programming languages such as Go & Kotlin
• Knowledge or experience related to DevOps
• Experience with Spring or equivalent frameworks
• Notions of CloudNative and serverless development
• Good interest in what’s buzzing in the technological communities
Education and Certification
• IT Bachelor, master degree or equivalent
• Eager to learn
• Participate and network internally and externally to gain and share knowledge
- Object Oriented Programming
What you can expect from us
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com.
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.