Senior Business Systems Analyst with experience in a large scale corporate Wealth and Capital Markets domain to join our Global Wealth Business Unit in Toronto.
Your future duties and responsibilities
• Employ deep and broad technical skill to analyze complex business processes and problems; identify alternative solutions, assess feasibility and recommend new approaches, typically seeking to exploit technology components and/or fill technology gaps
• Apply and monitor the use of required modeling and analysis tools, methods and standards
• Conduct investigations for strategy studies, requirements specifications and feasibility studies
• Define, plan and justify (in business terms) project to develop/implement automated and non-automated components of new or changed processes
• Investigate operational requirements and problems, seeking effective business solutions through improvements in automated and non-automated components of new or changed processes
• Assist in the analysis of underlying issues arising from investigations into requirements and problems and identifies options for consideration
• Work with clients/users in defining acceptance tests
• Establish the contribution that technology can make to the customer's business objectives, define strategies, draw up requirements specifications, conduct feasibility studies, produce high-level and detailed business models, prepare business cases, oversee development of and implement solutions, taking into account as necessary any implications of systems considered
• Take full responsibility for a business process analysis within a significant segment of an organization where the advice given and decisions made will have measurable impacts on the profitability or effectiveness of the organization.
• Guide senior management towards accepting change brought about through process automation
• Coordinate cross-project activities
• Resolve projects' higher scope issues
• Prepare reports for program executives
• Ability to understand and negotiate contracts regarding the program
• Ability to have a broad view of program objectives and organizational culture and processes
• Ability to manage all stakeholders including stakeholder identification and targeted strategies for stakeholder management
• Documenting and assessing impacts of project change requests in a timely manner
• Ensure good management of activities, quality deliverables and use of the CGI quality processes (CPMF)
• Obtain engagement and approvals by all stakeholders; individual members, teams and the client, as well as vendors/suppliers
• Define, plan, and justify (in business terms) the project to develop/implement automated and non-automated components of new or changed processes
• Ensuring your projects are auditable (CGI quality processes applied).
Required qualifications to be successful in this role
Must Have Requirements:
• Minimum 7 to 10 years of relevant Business Systems Analyst experience in a large scale corporate context. (previous consulting / product experience is preferred)
• Exposure to Wealth and Capital Markets domain
• Has successfully worked in the delivery of at least 4 projects of medium to high complexity.
• Worked with Teams of 20 to 50 (or more) members.
• Business requirements and required systems changes are reflected in a well-built, detailed, and effective Test Plan including test cases. Effective leadership oftest team is demonstrated
• Exceptional ability to gather functional business process requirements and contribute to translating user requests into technical specifications (SDS)
• Generates and pursues new opportunities for introduction of CGI services, IP
• Demonstrates understanding of CGI's offerings so that you can identify and communicate potential opportunities for CGI
• Participates in client sales meetings & presentations
• Be recognized as possessing broad business application knowledge to challenge system / application design and to identify risks / gaps with options to resolve
• Leads team members in the operational delivery of work within a prescribed work mandate. This includes work allocation amongst team members, review and tracking of the achievement of deliverables, and coaching and development of members to support the achievement of deliverables
• Understands customer needs by: accurately gathering project requirements; involving customer in planning stages and; demonstrating appropriate sense of urgency with customer's priorities and concerns
• Develops plans to carry out objectives. Estimates effort and time required. Incorporates dependencies on related activities, identifies new activities required to meet project and business goals, and develops contingency plans
• Identifies patterns in customer needs and expectations as well as industry trends, bringing these forward to CGI account managers
• Actively participates in knowledge sharing sessions – within account/project team/business unit
• Identifies opportunity for development and maintenance of re-usable assets and knowledge databases
• Demonstrated ability to learn new process, applications and systems
• A hands on leader (able to analyze, able to dig deep)
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Strong organizational and leadership skills with the ability to facilitate technical sessions
• Can communicate in both technical and business terms
• Understand client requirements as they pertains to emerging industry trends, regulatory demands, and competitive pressures
• Understanding of business drivers and business models in one or more domains
• Highly developed communication, facilitation, and conflict management skills
• Portfolio management skills, related to client investment and disinvestment decisions for both maintenance services and enhancement projects
• Develop proposals and service models that address client requirements as they pertain to emerging industry trends, regulatory demands, and competitive pressures
• Understanding of system requirements/concepts
• Understanding of system development life cycle and commercial off the shelf technology options
• Understanding of key technology components and their inter-relationships
• Conflict management skills
• Professional business acumen
• Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously
• Ability to manage a geographically distributed development teams
• Can Extract matrix/progress/milestones from JIRA or other collaboration tools for stake holder
• Exposure to Agile frameworks such as Scrum, Kanban, Lean and SAFe
• Sound business case development and approvals skills
• Stakeholder management and change management skills
• Strong negotiation skills
• Relevant Wealth and Capital Marks industry experience as required
• Be an effective listener
• Be an effective communicator
• Be an effective negotiator
• Ability to analyze impact of industry regulations, market offerings, client internal/external factors on business and technical solutions being considered by the client
• Ability to contrast and compare client situational analysis with that of competing and/or complementary businesses/jurisdictions
• Ability to develop relationships with multiple stakeholders both internally and externally
• Applied knowledge of project requirements results in effective management of deliverables and client expectations
• TOGAF, CBAP, Agile, CSC or CFA Certification are nice to have
• 10% Travel within GTA to Client Locations
- Business Analysis
What you can expect from us
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com.
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer. In addition, CGI is committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities in accordance with provincial legislation. Please let us know if you require a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during any aspect of the recruitment process and we will work with you to address your needs.