This is an exciting time for CGI, and we want you to be part of it.
We are Canada's largest independent information technology services firm, and we're still growing! We're expanding in Atlantic Canada and we need your skills, enthusiasm, and dedication as part of our team.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
• Understand the overall business and technical vision for projects, programs, or systems, keeping in mind cross-functional impacts, integration across the organization and architecture rationalization
• Proactively address technical issues and risks that could impact project schedule and/or budget
• Produce detailed system requirements specifications, data, and test plans, using standardized documentation methods.
• Work closely with stakeholders to design and document automation solutions that align with the business needs and also consistent with the architectural vision
• Provide development and testing support, and follow implementation of standards and best practices in alignment with our architecture patterns
• Lead change by influencing and educating Business, IT and Sourcing partners
• Facilitate continuity between Sourcing Partners, other IT Groups and Enterprise Architecture
• Good analytical skills and ability to multitask is a plus
• Work across the organization to provide business process or design recommendations consistent with long term business and IT strategy
• Work closely with the architecture team and tech leads to ensure that the technical solution designs and implementation are consistent with the architectural vision
• Support and consult on disaster recovery and reverse demand planning and testing
• Attention to detail and ability to manage multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment
• High level of independence but is also a team player
Bachelor degree in Computer Science or related field 5 + years of programming/systems analysis Experience developing Java applications is a plus. At least 3+ years of SQL programming. Experience with Web Services is a plus. Good understanding of Object Oriented design and methodologies Demonstrate advanced business and technical acumen for applications Demonstrate skills in shaping and leading development of technical specifications Strong problem solving and analysis skills Demonstrated ability to complete tasks within established timelines Strong relationship building skills Exceptional Communication skills - written and verbal Detail oriented. Experience with Oracle Applications in a functional role supporting Financials, Insurance domain is a plus. Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Web application design and J2EE architecture
• Object Orientated Design and Programming
• Java and JSP
• Design and implement system integrations using technologies like REST or SOAP
• Relational database design concept and SQL
• Worked in projects that use Agile methodology
• Delivered high quality design documents or other project deliverables
• Identify and fix application defects as reported by end users
Have Min 6 years of experience in Java applications · Have good experience in Java JSF, Spring & Oracle PL/SQL· Experience with Devops is an added advantage · Quick learner and have experience in lead offshore team. Camel framework knowledge will be a plus
What you can expect from us
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com.
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer. In addition, CGI is committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities in accordance with provincial legislation. Please let us know if you require a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during any aspect of the recruitment process and we will work with you to address your needs.