The Senior Business Analyst will lead requirement gathering activities for business and technology projects for our clients. This position requires strong leadership, analytical and problem solving skills. The chosen candidate must be able to work with minimal supervision, contribute to a positive work environment, and manage multiple assignments.
Your future duties and responsibilities
• Build and maintain positive collaborative relationships with clients and team members.
• Demonstrate a proactive approach in day-to-day accountabilities and interactions (e.g. risk identification, issue resolution, providing recommendations, etc).
• Answer and research questions for the work effort being led.
• Effectively facilitate meetings of any size including the documentation of decisions and action items.
• Apply human centered design techniques to solicit and document requirements that are modular, structured/organized, re-usable, and reference-able by other project delivery tools/artifacts. Where agile methodology is used, facilitate the articulation of scope using story boards containing epics, stories, and themes.
• Create and maintain traceable ties between business goals, business challenges/problem statements, business value, business requirements, epics/stories/themes, etc. Probe, challenge and understand how requirements will address business needs.
• Apply analytical and problem solving skills through a variety of analysis techniques to enable informed decision making.
• Develop testing strategies/plans and drive its execution end-to-end.
Required qualifications to be successful in this role
•Knowledge/experience with any of the following subject areas is sought:
• Credit Origination, Credit Underwriting, Credit Adjudication, Credit Fulfillment & Financing
• Digital onboarding.
• Digitization and process automation.
• Intelligent Automation
• Artificial Intelligence
• Strong communication and business writing skills.
• Advanced to expert knowledge of business analysis, project delivery methodologies (waterfall and agile),
• Advanced to expert knowledge of creating process flows, procedures and control points to meet Audit requirements.
• Strong awareness of project management methodology/lifecycle, governance & gating controls, and common deliverables expected of a business analyst.
• Extensive (minimum 3-5 years) experience in the BA role, in projects of all sizes, including large programs that contain many projects/releases.
• Direct experience leading Requirements Management.
• Ability to create (when there is no Project Manager assigned) and/or contribute (when a Project Manager is assigned) timely relevant inputs to Project Plans, RAID logs, and project status reports.
• Ability to identify and engage partner resources as necessary (i.e. when there is no PM assigned).
• Sound knowledge of escalation processes and ensuring timely communication of issues to the appropriate channels.
• Identifies and leads defect resolution for complex requirements related issues at all levels.
• Sound knowledge and experience with the Quality Assurance process (review test results; defect resolution and recommend sign off).
• Participates in and may lead the scoping process for deliverables and new in-plan initiatives.
• Supports and may contribute to communication and change management activities.
• typically between 4 - 6 years of relevant experience and post-secondary degree in related field of study or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Possesses analytical skills with the ability to collect, organize, analyze, and disseminate significant amounts of information with attention to detail and accuracy.
• Demonstrates applied knowledge of one or more analysis and problem decomposition technique.
• Understands complete Software Development Life Cycle and can apply the applicable portions of the ‘Feasibility,’ ‘Requirements," and ‘Analysis’ phases.
• Demonstrates writing and documentation skills.
• Understands and can explain to others the core processes involved in their area of support.
• Technical proficiency gained through education and/or business experience.
• Verbal & written communication skills - In-depth.
• Collaboration & team skills - In-depth.
• Analytical and problem solving skills - In-depth.
• Influence skills - In-depth.
• Data driven decision making - In-depth.
- Change Management
- Robotics Process Automation
What you can expect from us
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com.
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer. In addition, CGI is committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities in accordance with provincial legislation. Please let us know if you require a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during any aspect of the recruitment process and we will work with you to address your needs.