The successful candidate will be involved in the design, development and deployment of ServiceNow. The role will work with client’s ITSM (IT Service Management) leadership team leveraging industry best practices and standards. You will develop and support various modules – service, catalog, portal, change, incident configuration and others
This is an on-site client facing role located downtown Toronto
Your future duties and responsibilities
Work closely with clients, project managers, and systems management team to clearly define scope of work and provide accurate cost/schedule estimates
• Configure, customize, script, and develop the ServiceNow platform
• Develop Service Catalog items incorporating automation using orchestration
• IT Configuration Management -
o Design and implement solutions following established Configuration Management policies and standards
o Integrate data from multiple data sources into a unified CMDB, ensuring data quality and integrity are maintained
• IT Asset Management – Design and implement solutions following established IT Asset Management standards
• Provide technical and thought leadership in both system integration and application development, while also promoting best practices in these areas
• Review internal artifacts and deliverables to ensure they meet solution requirements
• Prepare and maintain technical specifications and documents; architecture diagrams, system documentation and manuals
• Troubleshoot production and test issues; perform root cause analysis, recommend corrective action and perform resolution efforts
• Assist client ITSM teams with associated technical and process activities
Required qualifications to be successful in this role
• 5 years of experience as a ServiceNow developer
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, MIS or related field
• Thorough knowledge of ServiceNow – deployment, implementation, integration; ServiceNow certifications/ training
• Experience with financial services industry preferred
• Self-driven and someone who takes ownership
- Communication (Oral/Written)
What you can expect from us
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com.
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer. In addition, CGI is committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities in accordance with provincial legislation. Please let us know if you require a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during any aspect of the recruitment process and we will work with you to address your needs.