The Release Coordinator is responsible for owning the planning and coordination of all phases and activities involved in the implementation of a Release. They will be involved in the planning, preparation, execution and review of all changes/Releases. The Release Coordinators will work closely with the Change Owners, Change and Release Managers and will champion and ensure compliance to Change and Release Management Processes. They will also be responsible in facilitating emergency Changes/Releases in Production.
• Responsible in creating and maintaining the content of the Release record
• Proactively attend Change and Release Board meetings and deployment planning meetings to collect data and information pertaining to the Release
• Communicate to the Change and Release Board members the initial scope of all Releases
• Maintain a Release Calendar that indicates the schedule for specific Software/Systems and dashboards for visibility
• Define and document the release scope, schedule, deliverables, contact lists, pre- and post-deployment activities and roll back plans
• Responsible to communicate and document all scope deviations to the Change Manager and all other key stakeholders as well as obtain approvals
• Facilitates/Assists in the release planning meetings with key stakeholders to identify proper sequencing of release package
• Responsible in working with IT and Application Owners to identify impact to our systems and business during and post implementation and communicate to stakeholders
• Coordinate development testing and ensure official sign off
• Identify and document postproduction implementation validation and required testers
• Identify Service Transition criteria’s and ensure they are actioned by appropriate stakeholders
• Responsible in reviewing all Change records and linking them to the appropriate Release record. The Change Owner is responsible in creating all Change Records. The Release Coordinator is accountable in ensuring the record and information is populated prior to CRB.
• Ensure all CRB gating requirements including business readiness and approvals have been met the Friday prior to the Change and Release Board meeting
• Attend the Change and Release Board to discuss business value of Release and receive implementation approval
• For high risk and high impact Releases, the release coordinator will coordinate all implementation activities in production
• Ensure a successful implementation of a Change/Release
• In the event of any deviation of the approved implementation plan, they will engage the command center
• Provide communication related to release during the deployment
• Communicate success or failure of the Change/Release or ensure release communications have been delivered
• Identify measure of success of pre- & post release
• Accountable for ensuring Change and Release records are completed in Cherwell
• Ensure any relevant incidents are identified and linked to the original release for traceability and continual process improvement
• Document post implementation review and Attend Post Implementation Review Board
• Maintain documentation of all processes and identify opportunities to make improvements to the release process
University degree or college diploma in Computer Science or similar program preferred; equivalent experience will be considered.
Five to 10 years of IT experience in service Operations, should have good understanding of technical infrastructure and development lifecycle, an understanding of software and hardware system components, and software development build/testing best practices.
Good verbal and written communication skills and delivers information clearly and confidently. Demonstrates the ability to tailor information and delivery to suit the nature of the material, audience and situation
Execution and Organization Skills:
Ability to organize work and information in a well thought out manner to deliver on specific tasks and reporting deadlines. Exhibits high levels of energy and perseverance in the pursuit of established goals.
Proactively uses knowledge to improve process and procedures and takes action to make amendments to the release checklist/process.
Understanding of how the job contributes to the overall work unit and takes the initiative to help with problem situations. Ability to ask and receive feedback and enjoys working with people both as part of a team and one-on-one
- Performs Well Under Pressure
- Problem Solving/DecisionMaking
- Communication (Oral/Written)
- Conflict Resolution
- Client Relationship
What you can expect from us
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com.
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer. In addition, CGI is committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities in accordance with provincial legislation. Please let us know if you require a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during any aspect of the recruitment process and we will work with you to address your needs.