If you are an experienced Business Analyst looking to grow your career by applying your expertise to complex projects with one of the largest, internationally well-known, information technology (IT) and business services company, this role is for you.
CGI is currently seeking a motivated, innovative wealth management expert with a strong work ethic to join our in-house development team based out of our Markham location.
The selected candidate will report directly to the Director managing our Digital Wealth Management team within our Global Wealth team and will take ownership on how we build our solutions.
Your future duties and responsibilities
Sr Business Analyst in the Global Wealth Fund Accounting business domain , responsibilities include:
• Identify and analyze clients’ business needs and requirements
• Participate in analysis and definition of product business requirements
• Identify and analyze non-functional requirements both from a client’s business needs and product system needs
• Lead/participate in requirements workshops both internally and with client’s to identify business needs and requirements
• Document current business processes, business flows, rules and artifacts, and propose business processes, business flows, rules and artifacts
• Produce detailed requirements documents and requirements traceability matrices utilizing traditional documentation methods (business requirements, functional and non-functional specifications) and current documentation processes of User Stories, Business and System Use Cases, Business Flows, etc.
• Prepare solution requirements by translating business requirements into functional and system requirements
• Review and analyze existing product effectiveness and efficiency
• Ensure new software integration meets functional requirements, systems compliance and interface requirements
• Lead requirements walkthrough sessions with technical and QA resources ensuring that business and system requirements are understood, information is adequate to facilitate design, development and testing of the business requirement
• Participate in quality reviews of deliverables including test cases and results
• Participate in design reviews to ensure requirements are being addressed
• Partner with project managers, technical resources, QA resources, vendors, and Management to ensure accurate execution of project requirements on time with exceptional quality
• Provide leadership; mentor other team members
Required qualifications to be successful in this role
• 5 to 10 or more years of progressive experience as a Business Systems Analyst in related Information Technology / Information Systems environments
• Wealth Management Business Knowledge
• Experience with business process re-engineering and business process modeling
• Hands on expertise in Agile Requirement analysis techniques used in SCRUM methodology
• Experience documenting business rules, data models, business cases and business case summaries
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Detailed oriented with ability to appropriately summarize to address a variety of audience needs
• Relationship management- ability to establish and build working relations and partnerships with clients, vendors, and peers
• Experience in facilitating workshops
• Excellent presentation skills
• Ability to multi task
• Decision making and critical thinking- knowledge of tools and techniques for effective use of a broad range of factors, assumptions, frameworks and perspectives when solving business problems
• Post-secondary education in relevant discipline or equivalent work experience
• Nice to Have: Canadian Securities Course
- Business Analysis
- Wealth Management
What you can expect from us
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com.
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer. In addition, CGI is committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities in accordance with provincial legislation. Please let us know if you require a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during any aspect of the recruitment process and we will work with you to address your needs.