CGI wants to change the way our customers develop and deliver software. We need highly skilled people with a positive and energetic attitude to join us on this journey. Our Cloud Engineering will act as change agents for our clients and disseminate DevOps culture and practices. The engineer will design and execute custom DevOps enablement & adoption plans, at a technical team level, with a focus on sustainability of change.
Who are You?
You've got a ton of experience on the engineering and delivery side of the world but are never satisfied with the status quo. You're a polyskilled practicioner. Comfortable isn't your desired position; you're always looking for ways to improve and change. You are the person on an engineering team who always has their hand up volunteering to try new things. You knew what Docker was before your boss heard about it at a conference.
You know what needs to be done, how to get it done and you have the drive to do so in a large corporation. You understand how to maneuver with agility in a global organization. CGI will be excited for you to represent us in front of our customers.
CGI is changing our vision and we need the best and brightest to help us to develop a new vision of Cloud technologies at CGI. Join our new and fervently entrepreneurial team which is revolutionizing the way CGI does business. You will help shape the future of CGI.
Your future duties and responsibilities
• In this role, you will use your leadership skills and knowledge of cloud computing to design solutions for a variety of customers in the GTA. Your enthusiasm, technical and business depth, and excellent presentation skills will help decision makers to make the right choices.
• Support team members in order to deliver products to market in an efficient manner
• Thought leadership in Public and private Cloud Architecture and how to deliver it at scale in a large enterprise
• Assist to develop the Enterprise Architecture for the Cloud program
• Support development programs to development cloud native applications
• Serve as trusted advisor to key business and technology partners – Head of Cloud, Head of Big Data and the Digital Transformation Program
• Be able to mentor and coach others in cloud and cloud native space
• Build Cloud strategies and target and reference architectures and experience with application development security using DevOps
• Deliver Cloud and Internet facing applications with a focus on cloud security.
Required qualifications to be successful in this role
• Demonstrated experience designing, delivering and supporting cloud-based systems on Azure.
• Great at facilitating and influencing delivery teams (tech staff) on cloud, containerization and microservice delivery best practices and help them onboard onto cloud pipelines.
• Strong in the domain of container ecosystems (Kubernetes, OpenShift, Nomad, Docker, rkt, Swarm, etc.) - AKS experience a strong plus.
• Ability to migrate applications to containers and cloud native platforms.
• Bash, PowerShell, groovy, python or other high level scripting language.
• ARM templating, terraform, ansible or other config mgmt tools.
• Experience with modern software practices such as TDD, CI/CD, etc.
• Working experience with Microservice architectures
Considered strong assets:
• Architecting multi-vendor SaaS, IaaS or PaaS environments particular public Cloud (AWS/Azure/Google Cloud)
• Strong understanding of enterprise application development and delivery.
• 3-5 years experience developing in a modern language such as: Java, Scala, GoLang, Clojure, .Net etc.
- Cloud Computing
What you can expect from us
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com.
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer. In addition, CGI is committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities in accordance with provincial legislation. Please let us know if you require a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during any aspect of the recruitment process and we will work with you to address your needs.