This is an exciting time for CGI, and we want you to be part of it. We are Canada's largest independent information technology services firm, and we're still growing! We're expanding in Atlantic Canada and we need your skills, enthusiasm, and dedication as part of our team.
Do you want to:
• Be challenged technically within a financial services environment
• Join a team of elite professionals
• Grow and be recognized for excellence and innovation
Your future duties and responsibilities
Our client is one of Canada’s big five banks and we are working with one of their Capital Market teams on their high volume reporting engine. This engine takes in transactions from various systems and applies logic to determine who it should be reported to and then sends to the different regulators. We are seeking candidates with a solid understanding of computer science and how that relates to the application of C#, ASP.NET as a coding solution in an Agile environment.
Required qualifications to be successful in this role
In addition to technical excellence we are looking for candidates with strong and confident communication skills.
• Bachelor Degree in Computer Science
• At least 5 years of professional development experience
• Strong .NET development skills (C#, MVC)
• Experience writing unit tests, including using mocking frameworks
• Experience with micro services and .NET core is an asset
• Experience with and understanding of XML is required
• Strong SQL development skills
• Experience working in a scrum/agile environment
• Must work with teams in Toronto and London
• strong problem solving skills
• knowledge of key concepts (security, performance, multithreading, recursion, etc).
Nice to haves:
• Experience working with FPML and FIX protocols
• Capital Markets business domain knowledge
• Microsoft Azure or other cloud environments
• Strong interpersonal skills
• Critical eye for detail
• Positive attitude
• Able to multitask effectively
• Able to adapt quickly to changing client requirements
• Able to work within a globally distributed team
What you can expect from us
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com.
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer. In addition, CGI is committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities in accordance with provincial legislation. Please let us know if you require a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during any aspect of the recruitment process and we will work with you to address your needs.