The GL Manager is a strategic and financial partner who is responsible to control CGI accounting system, provide services and support to the Finance members all across the world as well as to all the other CGI departments. The GL Manager has the responsibility to maintain the integrity of the accounting system and to work closely with the support team to resolve any issues and provide improvements and recommendations. The GL Manager also has the responsibility of coordinating the activities and the projects assigned to the team members.
Your future duties and responsibilities
• Manage, guide, supervise, evaluate, recognize, discipline and coach a team of corporate application specialists
• Be a GL module specialist
• Provide support on PSA GL application to the business units
• Create change requests (CR) either for user’s requests; defect of current solution or to develop better tools for the GL team.
• Prioritize, document and test the change requests.
• Creating all new procedures and maintaining current procedures such as month end process; creation of legal entities; creation of new GL accounts etc.
• Make sure that PSA gives all the necessary statutory reporting for each non North-American countries
• Able to communicate clearly new processes/procedures
• Train and guide finance members on PSA topics
• A demonstrated change manager who embraces the pursuit of continuous improvement in systems, processes, people and results
Required qualifications to be successful in this role
• Advanced skills in MS Office suite of applications including Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint and Word
• Advanced experience with Oracle, or similar ERP
• Analytical Thinking
• Problem Solving/Decision Making
• Customer Focused
• Communication and Interpersonal Skills
• Action Oriented
• Highly Organized
• Autonomous & Flexible
• Proactive, positive, can-do attitude
Located at Corporate office – Montreal
Minimal travel required
QUALIFICATIONS / EDUCATION
Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance
8 to 10 years of Finance Experience, ideally in a corporate function role
Excellent in verbal, written and communication skills in English and French
Experience, proficiency and comfort in communicating and working effectively at all levels
Experience in managing account systems
Experience in working with auditors within a SOX control environment
Experience in and success in leading teams, mentoring others and excellent interpersonal skills
Demonstrated success in process improvements
What you can expect from us
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com.
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer. In addition, CGI is committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities in accordance with provincial legislation. Please let us know if you require a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during any aspect of the recruitment process and we will work with you to address your needs.