***A $5,000 sign on and start bonus will be paid out if you accept an offer of employment with CGI by October 31st, 2019. This payment is subject to applicable taxes; additional details will be provided on your start date.***
CGI is looking for a Java Technical Leader to work on a range of challenging assignments related to the evolution and modernization of a variety of telecommunication applications.
Candidates must have strong collaboration skills to work with cross functional teams and stakeholders to ensure requirements are translated into specific solutions.
Your future duties and responsibilities
Looking for someone with previous experience in Java Development in event driven and microservice architecture. You will be involved in analyzing requirement to determine the best approach and technical design, and you will be leading the delivery of the applications in Agile delivery model:
- Design, implement and refactor code
- Lead design discussions and author design specifications
- Design and build highly available and scalable software
- Provide technical leadership, direction and coaching to the team
Required qualifications to be successful in this role
• Expert in Java and the Springboot framework
• Excellent knowledge of microservices architecture & development tools & frameworks (OpenShift, Docker, Kafka, Kubernetes and etc)
• Excellent interpersonal, communication, and influencing skills with ability to build and foster relationships with business users, project stakeholders, strategic technology partners and external vendors
• Demonstrated ability to manage conflicts and problem solve
• Lead technical discussions and drive solution build
• Track record for creating robust scalable applications
• Enjoy working on high performing teams
• Motivated by solving challenging technical problems
- UML (Unified ModelingLanguage)
- Application Development
- Problem Solving/DecisionMaking
- Communication (Oral/Written)
- Problem Handling
- Solutions Architecture
- Zachman Certified Ent Arch
- REST Webservices
What you can expect from us
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com.
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer. In addition, CGI is committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities in accordance with provincial legislation. Please let us know if you require a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during any aspect of the recruitment process and we will work with you to address your needs.