Are you looking for a unique opportunity with a progressive and growing organization? If so, CGI is actively searching for a Technical Team Lead to manage the development of system solutions for business and technical initiatives involving our large financial institution clients.
The selected candidate will report directly to the Engineering Director managing the team within our Global Wealth team and will take ownership on how we build our advanced and innovative solutions.
Your future duties and responsibilities
• Lead delivery teams which develop new custom applications, enhances/ modernizes existing applications, and provides system integration services
• Design and build high quality Java applications that are highly scalable and extensible
• Assist Project Manager in the planning and estimation of project deliverables, and adhering to project schedules
• Plan, direct and coordinate daily activities with the team members
• Create High Level and Detailed Design for the projects
• Perform code reviews and Support the team in troubleshooting technical issues
• Provide technical problem solving / technical analysis skills to the team though coaching and mentoring activities
• Work with other like-minded high performers within an Agile environment
• Understand the necessity of, and contribute to, development standards and processes
• Act as a resource for software developers on policies, procedures, design concepts and technical issues
• Ability to rapidly develop expertise in emerging technologies through hands on, real-time - on the fly exposure and involvement
Required qualifications to be successful in this role
• 8+ years of full stack development
• 3+ years IT Industry experience in application development as a team lead or technical manager
• Experience in design, architecture , Proof of Concept and Proof of Technology
• Excellent understanding of key concepts of architecture in a distributed environment
• Object oriented programming, design patterns, performance tuning, Web Services, Micro Services, Responsive Web Design
• Solid experience in technology implementation: Java, Spring ( Spring Boot, Spring MVC ), Angular JS, Angular 6.x, HTML5, CSS3
• Experience with development life cycle including:
o Source control ( CVS, Subversion ,BitBucket, Git etc.)
o Builds and build delivery ( Jenkins , Maven , Ant etc.)
o Development of unit tests ( JUnit , TDD, Mockito etc.)
• Knowledge of XML , XSLT , XML Schema and JSON
• Experience in developing webpages/websites ( single page application , Enterprise web applications )
• Experience working with middleware / web server: WebLogic (an asset), Websphere, Tomcat
• Solid experience in debugging and troubleshooting complex distributed systems.
• Proven ability to write high quality technical documentation
• A hands on leader (able to code, able to dig deep)
• Knowledgeable in Wealth Management / Banking domain preferred
• Demonstrated ability to learn new technologies, applications and systems
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Strong organizational and leadership skills with the ability to facilitate technical sessions
• Can communicate in both technical and business terms
• Ability to lead multiple projects simultaneously
• Ability to manage a geographically distributed development teams
What you can expect from us
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com.
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer. In addition, CGI is committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities in accordance with provincial legislation. Please let us know if you require a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during any aspect of the recruitment process and we will work with you to address your needs.