Meet our professionals
CGI Canada - Ready For This
CGI IN CANADA
Canadian roots, global reach
Founded in Canada in 1976, CGI has evolved into the country’s largest IT services provider, serving as a long-term, committed partner to clients in Canada and in more than 40 countries around the world. With more than 12,000 professionals across Canada, we are a global organization offering a world of opportunities. Become part of a unique culture that gives you the freedom to innovate, to make decisions, to achieve your full potential, and to chart your own career!
This is a great opportunity to become a member of CGI’s Web Design and Development Team, working with world class clients bringing creative ideas and concepts to life. Our design and build process is user experience focused and takes advantage of the newest technologies such as HTML5, Responsive Design and the best of breed Content Management Systems such as Adobe Experience Manager.
This team performs site enhancements, support and defect resolution on an ongoing basis. They leverage standard methodologies and design practices to insure the success of each and every AEM web project and initiative. The ideal person for this role demonstrates flexibility, adaptability and the ability to learn quickly in various technical and creative environments, while delivering quality work by tight deadlines.
Your future duties and responsibilities
The Adobe Experience Manager (AEM) Developer designs, develops, tests and delivers all our supported AEM Web sites and applications:
- Operates effectively as a mentor and member of the development team.
- Designs, codes and tests existing and new web sites based on detailed business requirements.
- Assumes responsibility for design and development of web pages, graphics, multimedia and GUIs
- Understands and addresses web related issues.
- Operates effectively for quick turnaround of enhancements, fixes and solutions.
- Utilizes storyboarding, wireframes and predesigns to prepare detailed and accurate specifications and estimates.
- Demonstrates ability to independently manage multiple tasks and deadlines in a collaborative team environment.
- Develops and maintains reference material and documentation, technical solution presentation, demo and PoCs.
- Is able to successfully interact with content team, product team, business, IT, Infrastructure team to gather the requirements and come up with the right solution.
Required qualifications to be successful in this role
- Experience developing Adobe AEM websites and applications using Adobe 6.4 and higher
- Experience in design, implementation, testing and deployment of enterprise scale AEM web applications with experience using and configuring Author and Publish instances, Dispatchers and other Replication agents
Practical exposure and/or experience with:
- Sling, JCR Repository and Apache Felix OSGi Framework
- Designing and developing service interfaces and system integration in AEM to/from external systems and web services.
- Responsive Design and Single Page Application development using best practice and modern frameworks such as Twitter Bootstrap, React and Angular
- Some or all of the following: HTML, CSS, LESS, Sass, Ruby, Ajax, UML, XML and Wireframes
- Experience with software development life cycle, including design, testing, deployment, and documentation activities
- Experience with using and managing source codes using repositories such as BitBucket, SVN, GIT and SourceTree
- Experience working in large scale projects with enterprise level solutions
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Desire and willingness to work in a collaborative, innovative, flexible and team-oriented environment
- Experience with other Web Content Management Systems such as Drupal, WordPress, Polopoly, Sitecore, Kentico
- Adobe Certified Expert certification for AEM development.
- Experience with implementation of AEM for News, Sports and Entertainment sites
- Practical exposure and/or experience with Adobe Marketing Cloud such as Target, Analytics, Campaigns, Audience Manager and AEM as a cloud service
What you can expect from us
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com.
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.