Provides first level supervision to the team of Professionals in Applications Development sub-function. The team supervisor's focus is on mentoring, coaching, coordination as well as providing technical leadership. Leads teams in the design and development of software applications or specialized utility programs that will enhance the organization's/client's ability to achieve strategic goals and targets.
Your future duties and responsibilities
- Should prepare application solution design for new applications and for enhancements.
- Should prepare and maintain application architecture specifications.
- Should prepare and maintain application technical design documentations.
- Should review and approve the application technical specifications submitted by developers.
- Should perform review of source code and data base design as part of the development cycle.
- Should contribute to CI/CD setup and maintenance
- Should contribute to the application infrastructure decision and sizing activities.
- Should guide development team to setup and maintain application monitoring tools/logs.
- Should guide team is identifying and handling application performance management aspects.
- Should work with the UI development team to recommend and support appropriate changes in .net to support the right choice of UI.
- Should contribute to design and implementation of application interfaces.
- Should contribute to building reusable assets for the BU.
- Should contribute to business case preparations and reviews.
- Should contribute to building interface to external services.
- Should guide development team in resolving issues arising out of application scans pertaining to code quality, code security
- Ensure that all works are carried out to specific standards, building codes, guidelines and regulations.
- Control project from start to finish to ensure high quality, innovative and functional design.
- Should be able to guide and mentor Intermediate technical members/technical leads and guide them to the next level
- Lead the discussions with the client /onsite in understanding requirements, consultations and presenting design/solutions to the client/onsite
- Lead the effort in doing POC to validate assumptions/solutions
- Should have good oral and written communication
Required qualifications to be successful in this role
Experience Range: 10 to 15 years.
Skill Set Required:
- Strong understanding and hands on experience in design of applications using .net core, micro services.
- Strong knowledge and hands-on experience in Design patterns, MVC, Web API, OOC, Data Structures, Data base Design, Dependency injection.
- Strong knowledge in application design with layers UI, MVC, Business Access Layer, EF
- Strong knowledge on Service bus design and tools such as Azure Enterprise Bus, Rabbit MQ etc.
- Strong knowledge in application code refactoring, code optimization, reusability and Modularity.
- Hands on experience on one of the UI Technologies such as Angular, reactJS etc.
- Hands on experience on creating a reusable component in typescript framework.
- Should have knowledge on different reporting platforms supported by .net such as SSRS.
Tool Set Knowledge Expected:
- Visual studio, MS SQL, ASOP Tools, Debuggers, Monitoring tools like Fiddler, CI/CD tools (Bamboo, Jenkins).
- Designing Relational DBs SQL
- Design (Infrastructure)
What you can expect from us
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com.
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.