We are looking for a self-motivated, career driven, ambitious candidate, experienced in IT systems engineering with good communication skills and strong drive to deliver results. You are driven to find solutions to problems by taking a big picture perspective and will work across different teams and disciplines in order to get things done. You have a passion for system reliability and take an automation first approach to routine tasks.
Your future duties and responsibilities
• Serve as the subject matter expert for all Linux systems
• Build and maintain a holistic understanding of services in the environment and how they interact with each other
• Escalation point for complex production-impacting incidents and problems
• Assist architects with design and implementation of new systems
• Performance and capacity analysis, planning and reporting
• Create automated builds for server images
• Reduce repetitive manual tasks through automation
• Create and maintain operational documentation as related to Linux server administration
• Participate in and lead post incident reviews when required
Required qualifications to be successful in this role
Experience and Education:
• University degree or college diploma in a relevant field and/or work experience and related certifications
• Experience with some or all of the following:
o Red Hat Enterprise Linux system administration
o Oracle Enterprise Linux system administration
o RHEL, OL, & MS high availability cluster technology
o Oracle Exadata Engineered Systems
o Designing and building high availability environments
o Shell scripting and coding in python or similar languages
o Configuration management using Ansible, Puppet, Chef, etc.
o Storage technologies including SAN and NAS
o Netbackup Enterprise backup administration
o Linux server hardening and performance tunning
o Multiple vendor x86 hardware (particularly of interest Cisco UCS-B)
o Sound understanding of datacenter operational processes
o Understanding of network switches, firewalls, and load balancers an asset.
o Understanding of virtualization systems (hypervisors) such as VMware vSphere, Oracle Virtual Systems, KVM, etc.
o Windows 2016 and up system administration an asset
o Experience running containerized workloads in production
o Experience with public cloud (AWS, Azure, OCI, etc) use, administration and architecture an asset.
• Able to work well independently and within a small team.
• Able to investigate and resolve complex technical problems.
• Able to perform performance and capacity analysis, planning and document recommendations based on the results
• Able to communicate with team leads, vendors, customer application developers.
• Experience providing IT Administration support in a Production environment.
• Good judgment and innovative problem-solving skills.
• Ability to deal with aggressive timelines and the associated pressure.
• Experience using a ticket management system such as Service Now.
• Able to write clear and concise documentation for operational processes
What you can expect from us
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com.
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer. In addition, CGI is committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities in accordance with provincial legislation. Please let us know if you require a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during any aspect of the recruitment process and we will work with you to address your needs.