Meet our professionals
CGI Canada - Ready For This
Are you looking to join an IT organization offering greater opportunity and challenge? We have a position for you! Join our local Integrated Service Desk and get your career on the fast track.
As a leading-edge Global IT company, we seek talented professionals with all levels of information technology skills and expertise in order to support our Clients worldwide.
Based on our industry-specific focus, we offer a work environment where members are challenged to grow and develop their career in significant ways. CGI helps our members to reach their full potential by providing learning materials & training, mentoring & coaching, as well as ongoing recognition and feedback… plus opportunities to advance! We work in an environment that adapts quickly to meet client requirements.
Our Service Desk team is comprised of dynamic, passionate people with a focus on excellent customer service while providing IT support to diagnose, troubleshoot and resolve IT issues on first contact. We are dedicated to delivering a remarkable service experience to our clients!
The Service Desk Analyst provides Level 1-3 IT support via phone, email and chat.
Your future duties and responsibilities
• Deliver high quality customer support for all incoming contacts (via call, chat, email or web ticket) for IT-related issues or requests
• Perform diagnostics, troubleshooting and resolution activities for incidents or requests being reported, based on knowledge articles for incident or request processing & fulfillment
• Make appropriate use of all tools available for resolution activities (remote take-over, knowledge base, ticketing systems, communication)
• Log & categorize all contacts within an incident management (ticketing system) tool
• Assign contacts that cannot be resolved on first contact to 2nd/3rd level support teams as per the knowledge base
• Collaborate with both internal/external teams and users as required
• Ticket Follow-Up: monitor personal ticket queue daily and take appropriate action
• Identify and escalate urgent/priority incidents as required
• Develop knowledge and keep up to date on new processes and procedures
Required qualifications to be successful in this role
• Post-secondary education in Helpdesk Support or equivalent work experience
• At least one year of IT Service Desk experience
• Solid grasp of Windows O/S systems
• Proficiency in MS Office Suite
• Proven focus on Technical support & Customer Service / Understanding of providing quality client support while propelling the user experience
• Knowledge of technical troubleshooting techniques (for PCs & OS, network, mobile devices)
• Understanding of networks
• Knowledge of application support
• Attention to detail
• Strong analytical skills
• Keyboarding skills
• Available to work rotating shifts in a 24/7 environment
• Excellent written and spoken English communication skills
• Bilingual (English & French) written and spoken is an asset
• Dynamic, phenomenal teammate
• Self-motivated to succeed & evolve skills (continuous improvement)
• Ability to work within a team setting while demonstrating self-sufficiency and independence
• Strong time-management ability and organizational skills
- Microsoft Office
- Communication (Oral/Written)
- Customer Service & Support
What you can expect from us
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com.
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer. In addition, CGI is committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities in accordance with provincial legislation. Please let us know if you require a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during any aspect of the recruitment process and we will work with you to address your needs.