We offer the opportunity to work with Canada’s largest Information Technology Outsourcing and Management Consulting Company with a true global presence in a fast-paced and energetic atmosphere where your personal and professional growth is accelerated by your desire and sense of commitment. CGI’s continuous growth is a testament to the confidence clients place in them and to the dedication of their professionals. At CGI, all employees are called members because they feel a powerful sense of ownership and accountability. Members at CGI are building their own company – in 100+ offices worldwide. CGI has the global resources, expertise, stability and dedicated professionals needed to achieve results for clients – and for members; that’s why an astounding 90 percent of them are CGI shareholders.
We're expanding our Financial Services Team in Atlantic Canada and we need your skills, enthusiasm, and dedication as part of our team. We expect you to have great technical skills but as important, we are looking for someone who can be an excellent team member and provide exceptional client support. Your role is only limited by your potential.
Your future duties and responsibilities:
As a DevOps Analyst on the Information Management team, the successful candidate will:
• Work with the Information Management team and projects to support CI/CD activities.
• Work on a variety of projects, issues, problems and events for critical systems.
• Adhere to existing processes/standards including the software development lifecycle (SDLC), business technology architecture, risk and production capacity guidelines and escalate issues as required.
• Work with team members to prioritize and manage your own workload in order to deliver quality results and meet timelines.
• Support a positive work environment that promotes service to business, quality, innovation and teamwork and ensure timely communication of issues/points of interest.
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
Share your credentials, but your relevant experience and knowledge can be just as likely to get our attention. It helps if you have:
• A University degree or a Diploma in IT with equivalent IT experience.
• 5+ years of overall IT experience including 3+ years in a DevOps role.
• Excellent troubleshooting skills and the ability to diagnose and work through issues and events.
• Demonstrable hands on experience with Jenkins, Nexus, Ansible, BitBucket and related DevOps tools.
• Working knowledge of core Linux, Unix and Scripting languages.
• Experience with Server Environments including SQLServer or Oracle.
• Experience with Structured and non-structured data including JSON, XML, XSD and XSLT.
• Working knowledge of standard Hadoop tools including HDFS, Python, Hive and Oozie is an asset.
• Experience with Agile methodologies is an asset.
• Traditional Data Warehouse/ETL experience is an asset.
• Experience in the Insurance and/or Wealth Business domains as well as Enterprise Functions (Telephony, Digital, HR, etc.) is an asset.
• Strong written and oral communication skills.
• Critical eye for detail.
• Positive attitude.
• Strong interpersonal skills.
• Ability to see the big picture.
• Able to multitask effectively.
• Ability to learn and apply new concepts quickly.
• Ability to adapt to constant changes. Sense of innovation, creativity, organization, autonomy and quick adaptation to various technologies.
• Have excellent time management, task planning and prioritization skills.
• Able to work effectively with minimal supervision.
• Enjoy working in a self-teaching, learning organization.
• Ability to build strong relationships with clients and team members.
• Being bilingual in English and French is highly desired.
- Big Data
What you can expect from us
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com.
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer. In addition, CGI is committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities in accordance with provincial legislation. Please let us know if you require a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during any aspect of the recruitment process and we will work with you to address your needs.