CGI is the World’s 5th largest independent IT and business process services company. We provide high-end business and IT Consulting, Systems Integration and IT & Business Management services. CGI has over 100+ IP-based business solutions in 40 countries spanning Financial Services, Government, Healthcare, Manufacturing, Retail, Telecommunications, Utilities and Oil & Gas. We are a proven and demonstrated success, achieving an industry-leading track record of on-time, on-budget projects and innovative solutions.
Are you motivated by the opportunity to work with Clients, Project team, Operations, Vendors in developing innovative solutions to complex technical problems? We are searching for a Intermediate Business Analyst to join our Calgary office. The successful candidate will contribute to one of our core businesses of Systems Integration & Consulting for the Projects undertaken by CGI for a Client. The successful candidate will learn our clients business in depth, provide business solutions to meet documented requirements, lead and deliver components of application releases, provide absence coverage, and contribute to other activities in applications operations. Clear and documented understanding is crucial in order for our teams to deliver systems that meet and exceed expectations.
CGI has been winning new work and growing in Alberta. Consistent, quality service delivery has contributed strongly to our growth and reputation. The candidates most likely to be selected will demonstrate their own track record of tangibly improving their clients business as a member of an effective, agile team. We are looking for an Intermediate Business Analyst who will align well with CGI's values, especially our culture of entrepreneurship. The work environment is both flexible and dynamic. As an Intermediate Business Analyst, your duties will include, but not be limited to, participating in several workshops, documenting the requirements, working with the Subject Matter Experts, understanding the overall program objectives and meeting the schedules as per the plan.
Your future duties and responsibilities
• Establish the contribution that technology can make to the customer's business objectives, defining strategies, drawing up requirements specifications, conducting feasibility studies, producing high-level and detailed business models, preparing business cases, overseeing development of and implementing solutions, taking into account as necessary any implications of systems considered.
• Take full responsibility for a business process analysis within a significant segment of an organization where the advice given and decisions made will have measurable impacts on the profitability or effectiveness of the organization.
• Guide senior management towards accepting change brought about through process automation.
• Guide team members in the operational delivery of their work within a prescribed work mandate.
• Collaborate with members to support the achievement of deliverables.
• Employ deep and broad technical skill to analyze complex business processes and problems; identify alternative solutions, assess feasibility and recommend new approaches, typically seeking to exploit technology components and/or assist clients to understand gaps in business functions/processes typically served by technology.
• Conduct investigations at a detailed level for strategy studies, requirements specifications and feasibility studies.
• Understand data flows and work flows that will influence business functions and related automated and non-automated components of new or changed processes .
• Define, plan, and justify (in business terms) the project to develop/implement automated and non-automated components of new or changed processes.
• Facilitate sessions with business users to obtain requirements for systems to be developed and / or maintained
• Facilitate workshops for requirements development and clarification.
• Document new requirements and identifies opportunities for applying more efficient and effective solutions.
• Provide advice to business users for development and integration of process and information model improvements.
• Translate business requirements into system specifications.
• Identify and recommend new processes and organizational structures to support new systems to be developed and implemented.
• Analyse business problems and recommend course of action, provide alternative solutions, and pros and cons of each solution.
• Identify preliminary costs or estimates of alternative solutions.
• Develop and/or contribute to user manuals, training materials and acceptance testing planning and execution.
• Update required documentation.
• Experience with various ticketing or work flow tools, like Service Now, Remedy, JIRA, TFS, etc.
• Manage business aspects of systems development projects and provides leadership to the business users and the development team.
Required qualifications to be successful in this role
• Experience in the role of business analyst managing and coordinating business activities, working as a facilitator in a team environment and demonstrated experience as a Business Systems Analyst with five (5) or more years of experience.
• Overall Information Technology industry experience.
• Excellent written and oral communications skills.
• Experience in assisting with or leading the gathering and documenting of high-level and detailed business requirements.
• Experience performing systems analysis and design.
• Experience using systems development methodologies.
• Experience using data and process modeling Software tools.
• Experience conducting and facilitating workshops with the ability to communicate in both technical and non-technical levels.
• Experience developing business cases.
• Experience in preparation and documentation of business models, rules and requirements.
• Experience in software testing including test planning, execution and reporting.
• Experience working with senior management and operational staff.
- Anti-virus &Anti-spam Solution
- Analytical Thinking
- Performs Well Under Pressure
- Communication (Oral/Written)
- Business Acumen
- Client Relationship
- Individual Contributor
- Process Improve/Bus Transform
- Security Infrastructure Supprt
What you can expect from us
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com.
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer. In addition, CGI is committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities in accordance with provincial legislation. Please let us know if you require a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during any aspect of the recruitment process and we will work with you to address your needs.