This is a great opportunity to become a member of CGI, based in Victoria, to provide leading information technology services to our clients. We are seeking a team member to perform the role of Organizational Change Manager who has a minimum of 7 years of experience managing change in medium to large-scale organizations supporting projects in complex environments. Strong experience with one or more recognized methodologies and frameworks is necessary.
The OCM will play a key role in ensuring projects (change initiatives) meet objectives on time and on budget by increasing adoption and usage. This person will focus on the people side of change - including changes to business processes, systems and technology, job roles and organization structures. The primary responsibility will be creating and implementing change management strategies and plans that maximize employee adoption and usage and minimize resistance. The OCM will work to drive faster adoption, higher ultimate utilization and greater proficiency of the changes that impact people in the organization to increase benefit realization, value creation, ROI and the achievement of results and outcomes.
Your future duties and responsibilities
* Apply a structured methodology and lead change management activities
* Assess the change impact
* Complete change management assessments
* Create change management strategy
* Identify, analyze, and prepare risk mitigation tactics
* Identify and manage anticipated resistance
* Consult and coach project teams
* Create actionable deliverables for the five change management levers: communications plan, sponsor roadmap, coaching plan, training plan, resistance management plan.
* Support communication efforts
* Support training efforts
* Support and engage senior leaders
* Coach managers and supervisors
* Support organizational design and definition of roles and responsibilities
* Coordinate efforts with other specialists
* Integrate change management activities into project plan
* Evaluate and ensure user readiness
* Manage stakeholders
* Track and report issues
* Define and measure success metrics and monitor change progress
* Support change management at the organizational level, Enterprise Change Management
* Manage the portfolio and change load
Required qualifications to be successful in this role
* A post-secondary degree in a related field such as Psychology, Organization Behaviour, Business Administration, Human Resources, etc.
* Professional certifications in one or more formal Change-Management methodologies (eg: Prosci, KOTTER, or other similar)
* Professional development courses related to OCM such as Organization Structure, Organization Behaviour, Business Process Design, etc.
* A solid understanding of how people go through a change and the change process
* Experience and knowledge of change management principles, methodologies and tools.
* Exceptional communication skills - both written and verbal.
* Excellent active listening skills.
* Able to articulate messages clearly to a variety of audiences.
* Able to establish and maintain strong relationships.
* Able to influence others and move toward a common vision or goal.
* Flexible and adaptable; able to work in ambiguous situations.
* Resilient and tenacious with a propensity to persevere.
* Forward looking with a holistic approach.
* Organized with a natural inclination for planning strategy and tactics.
* Problem solving and root cause identification skills.
* Able to work effectively at all levels in an organization.
* Must be a team player and able to work collaboratively with and through others.
* Acute business acumen and understanding of organizational issues and challenges.
* Familiarity with project management approaches and phases of project lifecycle.
* Experience with medium to large-scale organizational change efforts.
- Change Management
- Communication (Oral/Written)
- Organizational Design Strategy
- Strategic & Business Planning
What you can expect from us
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com.
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer. In addition, CGI is committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities in accordance with provincial legislation. Please let us know if you require a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during any aspect of the recruitment process and we will work with you to address your needs.