The CGI Federal STRATIS team is looking for a field service representative to be a part of our team in Japan. The FSR provides support for production sites operating a warehouse management system. The FSR will be responsible for maintaining VMware ESX hosts and virtual machines based on Red Hat Enterprise Linux. He/She will maintain a fielded system, monitoring and troubleshooting existing and new issues, bug fixing, updating bug tracking system. He/She will is also required to participate in site and team meetings.
STRATIS experience is a must!
Your future duties and responsibilities
• 1+ years experience in Oracle Database.
• 2+ years experience in Red Hat Linux.
• 1+ years working with and deploying with VMware products.
• Familiarity with Oracle patching.
• Experience in Red Hat Linux to include but not limited to the following: patching, OS troubleshooting, log standards, cron/scheduling, understanding of NFS, performance tuning, knowledge of the file system and utilities.
• Strong troubleshooting and analytical thinking skills.
• Able to adapt to change in deadlines and changes in the nature of assignments.
• Capable of clear and direct communication with peers and management.
• Able to manage assignments and meet deadlines with minimal supervision, while recognizing the need for a high degree of accuracy and quality.
• Bachelors degree in IS,CS or IT related subjects desired.
• CompTIA Security+ certification.
Required qualifications to be successful in this role
• Active SECRET security clearance is required for employment; per Federal stipulation.
• Oracle Application Server - Configure/troubleshoot all aspects of OAS10g/11g.
• Apache Web Servers - Strong configuration and troubleshooting background with Apache 2.0 and above.
• Oracle Database - use of enterprise manager, RMAN tools, IMPDP.
• SQL DML and DDL.
• Scripting - in Bash/Sh.
• Familiarity with PCI compliance and server hardening best practices and DISA STIGs.
• VMWare - operation, memory/cpu usage, networking, start/stop of vmware utilities, troubleshooting, etL
What you can expect from us
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com.
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at US_Employment_Compliance@cgi.com. You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned.
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI’s legal duty to furnish information.