This is an exciting time for CGI and we want you to be part of it. We are Canada's largest independent information technology services firm and still growing after 40 years. We are expanding and need your skills, enthusiasm, and dedication as part of our team. We are currently seeking a Service Delivery Manager for our Calgary location.
Your future duties and responsibilities
• Work collaboratively with various development and business teams, providing input and delivering solutions that support various business requirements for our Financial Accounting and Land/Asset Management software applications
• Proactively identify opportunities, conduct analyses / needs assessments, cost / benefit assessments, and implement solutions with the goal of improving the software applications and development process
• Manage project plans for annual software releases through all phases of the software development process.
• Work with multiple stakeholder groups to identify client business priorities
• Conduct analyses of client business requirements in relation to costs and resources
• Assess current and future workload demands and articulate release priorities in relation to budget and supply constraints (staffing / infrastructure resources)
• Correctly interpret and apply the operational framework and work within committed governance processes
• Deliver all releases and implementations within established schedules, budgets, and standards, complete with timely status reporting, risk mitigation, issue resolution and escalation as required
• Manage and monitor the financial aspects of the products including client contract agreements and revenue recognition
• Manage the day-to-day client relationships
• Establish effective relationships with key stakeholder groups
Required qualifications to be successful in this role
• 5+ years in a technical management / leadership role
• 5+ years hands-on experience in a software development organization
• Strong experience managing numerous systems, both large and small
• Excellent applications development and maintenance process knowledge
• Experience with software development processes using agile and / or waterfall methodologies (desirable)
• Experience with incident management and facilitating problem management activities
• Experience presenting to management or clients on release priorities
• Proven project management and financial management skills
• Experience with oil & gas financial accounting and / or land / asset management applications (desirable)
• Experience managing local and remote delivery centres and resources
REQUIRED LEVEL OF EDUCATION:
• Bachelor degree in Computer Science or Diploma in IT with equivalent IT experience
• Strong communication, teamwork, and interpersonal skills
• Able to professionally represent CGI to existing and potential clients
• Ability to build strong relationships with clients and team members
• Excellent presentation skills
• Critical eye for detail
• Positive attitude
• Excellent time management, task planning and prioritization skills
• Able to adapt quickly to changing client requirements
• Willingness to learn on the job
• Ability to self-motivate and work independently
- Requirements Analysis
- Project Management
- Release Management
- Client Relationship
- Client Delivery
- Solution Analysis
- Contract Governance
What you can expect from us
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com.
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer. In addition, CGI is committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities in accordance with provincial legislation. Please let us know if you require a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during any aspect of the recruitment process and we will work with you to address your needs.