We are Canada's largest independent information technology services firm, and after 44 years, we're still growing! Join Canada's largest IT Company as a Guidewire QA Analyst, in our Insurance Vertical in the GTA. Since our founding in 1976, CGI has been at the forefront of change within the Insurance Sector. CGI understands industry challenges and has the experience to help clients overcome these challenges, minimize upfront capital outlays, and achieve business results that drive performance and profitability.
The GTA-CPS Property & Casualty Insurance team is looking to staff client engagements with skilled Guidewire QA Analysts. We are looking to staff using a combination of existing Property & Casualty Insurance Vertical members and new additions.
Your future duties and responsibilities
• Reporting into the QA Manager for performing quality assurance / testing function
• Work in a fast paced cross functional agile (Scrum/SAFe) work environment
• Design test plan, test cases for Guidewire PolicyCenter, Integration and Conversion functions with a focus on Commercial lines of business
• Work with client SME and test manager to define and review test requirements, strategy, plans, etc.,
• Develop and execute test cases, scripts, plans and procedures (manual and automated)
• Establish and oversee all aspects of quality assurance including establishing metrics (such as status reports, defect metrics) and effectively use tools and processes like Jira, ALM etc. to ensure quality goals are met
• Develop SQL scripts to query databases
• Test requirements for “Guidewire Rating" module (Rate book, rate table, rate routines)
• Document test requirements specifications for data analysis, data mappings for Guidewire, third party integrations and transformation
• Test integrations using tools like SOAP UI, Postman, Etc.,
• Review functional specifications developed by BA’s in the form of User Stories, process flows, use cases, data mappings leveraging tools such as JIRA, Confluence, Rally, etc.,
• Conduct user story / sprint demonstrations at the end of sprint / release
• Participate in agile sprint ceremonies, daily stand-ups, sprint planning, reviews and retrospective sessions
• Conduct end user training by means of workshops, training guides and operation manuals
• Work with globally distributed across geographies for the purpose of delivering
• Work with internal requirements, development, teams to support test requirements clarifications throughout the project execution
• Work with Requirements Manger, Test Manager, Scrum Master and Program Manager for various project activities
• Able to travel to USA for project execution
• Willing to travel monthly up to 40% during project execution
What you will bring?
• Strong domain knowledge on Property & Casualty Insurance
• Detailed knowledge of Guidewire applications specifically PolicyCenter, Rating and Conversion
• Understanding of data model (Guidewire, Legacy etc.), object/entity relationship, and relational databases
• Testing experience with integration/ETL platform for data cleansing, migration etc.
• Experience leading teams engaged in data conversion and/or ETL processes
• Planning and documenting testing coverage, formulate and design test strategy
• Oversee all aspects of quality assurance including establishing metrics (such as status reports, defect metrics) and effectively use tools and processes like Jira, ALM etc. to ensure quality goals are met
• Ability to work in the global delivery model and be a liaison between the client and software development team across different geographies
• Experience in working in a fast paced Agile (Scrum/SAFe) and multiple stakeholder environments
• Exposure to Insurance Policy Data Conversion
• Implementing Guidewire PolicyCenter - Commercial Auto Lines of Business for an US carrier is an asset
• Experience working on automation testing tools like Selenium, UFT, RPA tools is an asset
• Exposure to Behavior driven development (BDD) testing
Required qualifications to be successful in this role
• 10 – 12 years of testing experience in Insurance Industry
• At least 5 years of experience in Guidewire PolicyCenter, Rating, Conversion
• Experience in web service testing tools such as SOAP UI(XML/JSON), POSTMAN
• Experience in testing components like Policy Premium testing, Product designer, underwriting rules etc.
• Experience working on ETL tools and writing SQL scripts to test Policy Conversion
• Excellent communication (written and oral) and interpersonal skills
Nice to have:
• Testing Certifications
• Agile Certifications (Scrum / SAFe)
• Guidewire application knowledge (PolicyCenter, Rating)
• Ability to write SQL scripts and analyze results
• Experience using test and defect management tools like HP ALM etc.
• Project management tools like Confluence, Jira, Rally etc.
• Expertise in using Microsoft Office suite, Visio etc.
• Experience working on XML and JSON structures
• Exposure to ETL tools like SSIS, Informatica etc.
- P&C Insurance
- Guidewire Integration
What you can expect from us
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com.
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer. In addition, CGI is committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities in accordance with provincial legislation. Please let us know if you require a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during any aspect of the recruitment process and we will work with you to address your needs.