We are Canada's largest independent information technology services firm, and after 44 years, we're still growing! Join Canada's largest IT Company as a Guidewire Sr. Configuration Lead, in our Insurance Vertical in the GTA. Since our founding in 1976, CGI has been at the forefront of change within the Insurance Sector. CGI understands industry challenges and has the experience to help clients overcome these challenges, minimize upfront capital outlays, and achieve business results that drive performance and profitability.
The GTA-CPS Property & Casualty Insurance team is looking to staff client engagements with skilled Guidewire Sr. Configuration Lead. We are looking to staff using a combination of existing Property & Casualty Insurance Vertical members and new additions.
Your future duties and responsibilities
As a Sr. Configuration Lead, you will:
• Report into the Solution Architect for performing configuration function
• Work in a fast paced cross functional agile (Scrum/SAFe) work environment
• Design, configure / develop based on the requirements developed for Guidewire PolicyCenter, Integration and Conversion functions with a focus on Commercial lines of business
• Implement the requirements for “Guidewire Rating" module (Rate book, rate table, rate routines)
• Designing and provide support for data analysis, cleansing, data mappings for Guidewire, third party integrations and transformation
• Create architectural diagrams, design documents based on functional specifications developed in the form of User Stories, process flows, use cases
• Conduct user story / sprint demonstrations at the end of sprint / release
• Participate in agile sprint ceremonies, daily stand-ups, sprint planning, reviews and retrospective sessions
• Be responsible for following Guidewire coding standards, performing peer code reviews, product performance, etc.,
• Be able to switch roles between configuration and integration
• Conduct end user training by means of workshops, training guides and operation manuals
• Work with globally distributed across geographies for the purpose of delivering
• Work with internal development, testing teams to support requirements clarifications throughout the project execution
• Work with Requirements / Test Manger, Scrum Master and Program Manager for various project activities
What you will bring?
• Excellent Domain knowledge on Property & Casualty Insurance to understand and analyze the business needs of the customer
• Detailed knowledge of Guidewire applications specifically PolicyCenter and Rating
• Ability to understand the legacy data, its complexities, design and solution the future state data architecture
• Data Conversion leadership to assist in planning, execution and deployment of data conversion from legacy to Guidewire PolicyCenter (most recent versions)
• Perform legacy extract analysis, data analysis, cleansing, mappings etc. to meet the project requirements
• Experience working on Policy on-renewal or Big Bang conversion projects
• Experience in following Guidewire coding standards, Cloud enablement, Release managing using CI/CD
• Ensure data conversion aligns with referential data integrity and data governance best practices.
• Strong business judgment, leadership and integrity: He/she should be a tenacious decision maker, able to bring a healthy, aggressive, yet responsible approach to business problem
• Ability to work in the global delivery model and be a liaison between the client and software development team across different geographies
• Experience in working in a fast paced Agile (Scrum/SAFe) and multiple stakeholder environments
• Able to travel to USA for project execution
• Willing to travel monthly up to 40% during project execution
• Exposure to Insurance PolicyCenter Rating
• Implementing Guidewire PolicyCenter - Commercial Auto Lines of Business for an US carrier is an asset
Required qualifications to be successful in this role
• 10 – 12 years of experience in delivering wide range of technology solution across Insurance Industry
• At least 3 - 5 years of experience in converting data from legacy system to Guidewire PolicyCenter
• In-depth expertise in Data Conversion strategy and solution
• Experience working in Policy On-renewal or Big Bang conversion projects
• Experience in Rating
Nice to have:
• Guidewire PolicyCenter Certifications
• Agile Certifications(Scrum / SAFe)
• Experience in implementing cloud solution
• InsurTech enthusiast
• ETL tools such as Informatica, SSIS, Talend, AWS Glue
• Guidewire PolicyCenter (Configuration/Integration), Guidewire Rating
• Experience working on Java, DBMS, Cloud, Integrations (Web Services, Message Queues, Service Bus), DevOps, Web/Mobile developments using Angular/React etc.
• Management tools like Confluence, Jira, Rally, HP ALM
• Microsoft Office suite, Visio etc.
- P&C Insurance
- Guidewire Integration
What you can expect from us
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com.
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer. In addition, CGI is committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities in accordance with provincial legislation. Please let us know if you require a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during any aspect of the recruitment process and we will work with you to address your needs.