We are a global IT and business consulting services leader, and after 40 years, we're still growing! Join Canada's largest IT Company as a Senior Platform Engineer in our Banking Services Division in Toronto.
Innovation, technology and service delivery are our focus. Our goal is to ensure our clients remain ahead of the competition. We provide a full spectrum of services from Business Consulting and Systems Integration to Managed Services and IP Solutions that are transforming our clients’ operations and helping them to succeed.
Your future duties and responsibilities
The Observability platform Engineer is responsible for building and maintaining the tooling that makes up the platform as well as working with the teams that consume the platform.
This individual needs to be able to comfortably interact with development teams, product owners and business stakeholders in order to develop a service that can meet their needs by prioritizing and developing new features and integrations.
The platform engineer will also play a consulting role to development and operations teams, helping them to create meaningful telemetry, creating operational readiness checklists and automating tasks.
Required qualifications to be successful in this role
• Client Relationship & Business Development
• 3+ years experience designing, implementing and managing one or more of the following monitoring platforms
o App Dynamics
o New Relic
• 3-5 years designing, deploying and managing one or more of the following
o TICK stack
• 3-5 years designing, deploying and managing log aggregation solutions with either Elastic Stack or Splunk
• Proficiency in at least one high level programing language used for automation – Python, Ruby, GO, etc
• Experience developing monitoring integrations into ServiceNow, PagerDuty, Slack and Microsoft Teams
• 3-5 years experience as a system administrator in a predominantly RedHat LINUX environment
• Proficiency with at least one of the following configuration management tools – Chef, Puppet, Ansible
• Understanding of application development and deployment practices, primarily in Java
• Experience with monitoring large scale containerized applications
• 3+ years developing and designing dashboards in Grafana, Kibana, Tableau or equivalent
Travel and Office Location
• Occasional travel will be required to the US and across Canada for various CGI and industry association activities. A valid passport and driver’s license will be required
• The majority of the time, this role will be resident in Ontario, mainly downtown Toronto
What you can expect from us
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com.
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer. In addition, CGI is committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities in accordance with provincial legislation. Please let us know if you require a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during any aspect of the recruitment process and we will work with you to address your needs.