We are a global IT and business consulting services leader, and after 40 years, we're still growing! Join Canada's largest IT Company as a Platform Team Lead in our Banking Services Division in Toronto.
Innovation, technology and service delivery are our focus. Our goal is to ensure our clients remain ahead of the competition. We provide a full spectrum of services from Business Consulting and Systems Integration to Managed Services and IP Solutions that are transforming our clients’ operations and helping them to succeed.
This role assists a 24x7 Infrastructure support team in the following ways:
• Create or modify monitoring thresholds based on requirements provided by Infrastructure Support team.
• Use APIs to create Service Now tickets corresponding to critical events requiring support team attention
• Create and maintain escalation configurations in Service Now to engage the 7x24 support team to address issues
Your future duties and responsibilities
Preferred Experience & Skills:
We are looking for a technical resource that possesses knowledge of Service Now APIs to create and manage tickets.
The resource understands monitoring technologies, SNMP polling and traps, syslog, and how to monitor different kinds of technolog (e.g. network, storage, servers, operating systems, databases)
Ideally, the resource is familiar with at least one commercial monitoring tool and/or one or more of the following tools: App Dynamics, Splunk, AppNetA, PagerDuty
Responsibilities may include the following:
• Create and maintain threshold and performance alerting in monitoring tools.
• Create and maintain automated escalation paths for incidents based on threshold and performance alerting.
• Work with the Infrastructure Support team to understand the requirements for various standard (repeatable) Service Requests, then estimate, designs and develop new ServiceNow applications.
Required qualifications to be successful in this role
• Enterprise and/or IT Service Management
• Advanced System Administration
• Experience with database design schemas and data modeling
• Experience with networking, storage, server or operating system administration
• Strong requirements gathering experience
• Effective communication & interpersonal skills
Minimum Educational Requirements and Experience Equivalencies:
• Bachelor's degree in IT, MIS, Business or related field, plus two years' related experience; or
• High school diploma plus six years' related experience.
- Web Services
What you can expect from us
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com.
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer. In addition, CGI is committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities in accordance with provincial legislation. Please let us know if you require a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during any aspect of the recruitment process and we will work with you to address your needs.