We are Canada's largest independent information technology services firm, and after 40 years, we're still growing! Join Canada's largest IT Company as a Senior Automation Engineer, in our Emerging Technology Division in Toronto.
Innovation, technology and service delivery are our focus. Our goal is to ensure our clients remain ahead of the competition. We provide a full spectrum of managed services from IT and business process outsourcing to systems integration and consulting that are transforming our clients’ operations and helping them to succeed.
Your future duties and responsibilities
As an Automation Engineer, you will be responsible for creating and maintaining automation that will deploy infrastructure and applications. This will include creating infrastructure provisioning and application deployment scripts and ensuring that they have been fully tested, maintaining existing scripts and ensuring that documentation is complete and up to date. As a member of an integrated team, you will ensure that best practises and patterns for system resiliency are developed and adhered to and coach other members of the team on these best practices and patterns.
Required qualifications to be successful in this role
• Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related fields
• At least 3 years experience in IT in a Software Development environment
• Able to travel between CGI offices and multiple client offices in the GTA
• 3+ years experience supporting and managing RedHat LINUX operating systems
• Strong Linux system administration and troubleshooting skills with a focus on performance tuning, security hardening and high availability
• Experience supporting and deploying either MySQL or PostgreSQL
• 3+ years experience automating infrastructure configurations in AWS, Azure or another major cloud provider
• Experience with logging and monitoring tools such as App Dynamics, ELK, Splunk, Zabbix and Prometheus
• Strong Experience with configuration management tools such as Terraform, Ansible, Puppet, Chef, etc
• Experience with automated image build utilities like Packer and package managers like RPM
• Knowledge of infrastructure design, provisioning, and management
• Experience with deploying and managing containers
• Strong understanding of load balancing and TLS
• Strong scripting skills in Bash and at least one high level language such as Python or Ruby
Excellent communication skills
• Experience working as part of an Agile team
• Strong verbal/written communication skills with ability to deliver high quality documents at appropriate level of detail
• Highly innovative, flexible and self-directed
• Demonstrated ability to adapt to new technologies and learn quickly
What you can expect from us
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com.
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer. In addition, CGI is committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities in accordance with provincial legislation. Please let us know if you require a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during any aspect of the recruitment process and we will work with you to address your needs.