Are you motivated by the opportunity to delight your clients by providing them with innovative solutions to complex technical problems? These are exciting times for CGI and are looking for talented individuals to trailblaze with us. If you have a pioneering spirit and thrive on innovation where you can influence the direction of technical strategy, now is the time to join this dynamic team. We need to double our capacity to satisfy growing client demand globally and are looking for top talent. Combine the challenges offered by complex technical initiatives with the potential for international travel and gain experience and demonstrate your creativity.
As a member of the architecture and transformation team, your involvement will help us deliver a great network and cloud solutions to our customers.
Your future duties and responsibilities
• Produce network & cloud application architectures, from concept through development and implementation.
• Act as network subject matter expert defining technical solutions and architectures, estimate costs and transition efforts.
• Produce network & cloud architectures based on business needs expressed by clients, in collaboration with service providers.
• Assist clients in translating business requirements into technical requirements.
• Produce detailed design documents from network & cloud architectures.
• Revise and approve network & cloud designs.
• Participate in network & cloud transitions from one service provider to another.
• Interface with various stakeholders (architects, SCRUM Masters, internal customers, operations...) concerning projects, implementations and operations support.
Required qualifications to be successful in this role
• Network & Cloud Architecture
o Data network architectures (LAN, WAN, wireless, datacenter, SDN)
o Cloud network architectures (Azure, AWS, Google Cloud, Oracle Cloud)
• Technical Analysis
• Requirements Analysis
Knowledge of Key Technologies
• Palo Alto Networks
• Cisco Networks
• Software Defined Wide Area Network (SD-WAN)
Required Work Experience:
• Expertise and experience with communication system components (including wide and local area networks, IP addressing, Gig-E and ATM technologies, V-LANS, routing, OSPF, firewall configurations and data flows, and other infrastructure components.
• Managed security services experience, including site-to-site and remote access VPN
• Extensive knowledge of Telecom industry and network protocols
• Strong IP sub-netting and IP management skills required.
• Thorough knowledge of public/private IP addressing management and network address translation
• Routing protocols (BGP, OSPF, EIGRP, RIP1&2)
• Switching architecture and protocols (VLANs, VTP, Trunking, Port-channeling, Spanning Tree)
• TCP/IP, Summarization
• Network Authentication (RADIUS, TACACS+)
• VPN Technology (IPSec, Key Management, Client & Site-to-site and remote access solutions)
• Firewall technologies (Checkpoint FW1, Cisco, Juniper)
• Load balancing and failover technologies
• Management and shaping experience with Quality of Service
• 4+ years of network experience with Cisco
• 5+ years of successful experience with a proven track in a similar role.
• Extensive hands-on knowledge in networks (LAN / WAN) and telecommunications;
• Knowledge of the OSI model and the main network protocols and services (TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP, SDN, BGP, OSPF, EIGRP, RIP1&2, VLAN, VTP, Trunking, Port-Channeling, Spanning tree, FabricPath etc.);
• Knowledge of cloud network (Azure VNet, AWS VPC)
• Knowledge of virtual networking (SDN, NFV, Virtual contexts)
• Thorough knowledge of the management and support of routers, switches, load balancer to and next-generation firewalls (Cisco, Checkpoint, Palo Alto, Citrix, etc.)
• Knowledge of wireless technologies;
• Knowledge of unified communications technologies;
• Knowledge of authentication mechanisms (Radius, Tacacs, etc.);
• Knowledge of VPN technologies (IPSec remote access solutions to various customer sites);
• Experience in producing network & cloud designs;
• Experience in the implementation and support of network operations;
• Knowledge of the Atlassian platform (JIRA, Confluence).
REQUIREMENTS (Soft skills, diplomas and certificates)
• 5+ years of relevant experience with network and/or cloud infrastructures;
• Technical certifications (Cisco, Checkpoint,AWS, Azure etc.) would be an asset;
• Capacity to produce technical documentation in a clear and concise manner;
• Ability to implement complex business solutions and taking into account both technical and financial aspects;
• Ability to organize information;
• Strives to produce quality work;
• Facilitate to negotiate and resolve conflicts in sensitive business contexts;
• Attention to detail with respect to production;
• Make informed decisions based on the elements in place;
• Empower to communicate to an executive level with the various technical and business stakeholders;
• Efficient under pressure;
• Good skills in teamwork.
- Network Architecture
What you can expect from us
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com.
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer. In addition, CGI is committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities in accordance with provincial legislation. Please let us know if you require a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during any aspect of the recruitment process and we will work with you to address your needs.