Modify network equipment configuration bases on the technical requirements identified in the Implementation plan
Analyze the network needs/impacts (LAN, WAN & security) within the framework of infrastructure projects
Evaluate and estimate new telecom implementations (LAN/WAN/security) to determine scope and effort required
Produce necessary documentation (diagrams, network implementation plans , etc) for implementation by the technicians and the support by the service assurance teams
Coach junior members of the team on using standard CGI procedures
Interface with various stakeholders (I.e. architect, CPMO, PM, OPS, etc) regarding project, implementation and operations issues
Manage and report project-time accurately as per the assignment system
Your future duties and responsibilities
• Expertise and experience with communication system components (including wide and local area networks, MPLS, IP addressing, Gig-E and ATM technologies, V-LANS, routing, OSPF, firewall configurations and data flows, and other infrastructure components.
• Managed security services experience, including site-to-site and remote access VPN
• Extensive knowledge of Telecom industry and network protocols
• Strong IP sub-netting and IP management skills required.
• Thorough knowledge of public/private IP addressing management and network address translation
• Routing protocols (BGP, OSPF, EIGRP, RIP1&2)
• Switching architecture and protocols (VLANs, VTP, Trunking, Port-channeling, Spanning Tree)
• TCP/IP, Summarization
• Network Authentication (RADIUS, TACACS+)
• VPN Technology (IPSec, Key Management, Client & Site-to-site and remote access solutions)
• Firewall technologies (Checkpoint FW1, Cisco, Juniper, Palo Alto)
• Load balancing and failover technologies
• Management and shaping experience with Quality of Service
• 3+ years of network experience with Cisco
• 2+ years of successful experience with a proven track in a similar role.
Required Level of Education/Expertise:
• University degree or equivalent work experience in communication systems
• CCDP and/or CCNA certification
Soft Skills Required:
• Ability to interface with client and engagement teams at the appropriate level
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills (written and verbal)
• Strong prioritization and organizational skills
• Good research/assessment skills
• Effective working without direct supervision
• This position requires limited travel within the GTA and possible after-hours support during project implementation phase.
Required qualifications to be successful in this role
Minimum 3-5 years in similar position in a large network environment
Experience in network implementation and operations and a good understanding of LAN, WAN and firewall management methodologies.
Knowledge of the OSI model, network protocols such as DNS, DHCP, TCP/IP and in depth knowledge in support and management of routers, switches and firewalls. (Cisco, Checkpoint, Juniper, Palo Alto)
Effective working without direct supervision
Effective under pressure
Good problem resolution skills
Bilingualism is an asset
Efficient Team worker
After-hours implementation work required
- Network Architecture
What you can expect from us
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com.
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer. In addition, CGI is committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities in accordance with provincial legislation. Please let us know if you require a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during any aspect of the recruitment process and we will work with you to address your needs.