CGI’s Global Wealth & Capital Markets group is looking for a talented Senior Java Developer.
This is an opportunity to join our CGI’s Wealth360 team which delivers a sophisticated and flexible portfolio management solution that supports all facets of portfolio and investment management.
Your future duties and responsibilities
The Java Developer will design and develop Java applications. This includes anything between complex groups of back-end services and their client-end counterparts..
• Designing and building high quality Java applications that are highly scalable and
• Ensure the best possible performance, quality, and responsiveness of the applications
• Identify bottlenecks and bugs, and devise solutions to these problems
• Deliver a high level of commitment to client success and provide timely and quality
services that meet or exceed expectations
Work with business partners to provide guidance and support in the deployment of
complex application solutions
• Participates in R&D activities to advance the development of the product roadmap
Required qualifications to be successful in this role
• Expert knowledge of Java programming language
• Expert knowledge of design patterns and best practices
• Knowledge building enterprise class web applications
• Expert knowledge of REST and RESTful web services in Java (e.g., JAX-RS, Spring MVC
• Experience in developing Enterprise applications: Billing, CRM, or Financial, Business
Intelligence greatly preferred
• Excellent understanding of developer life cycle and enterprise developer tools.
• Strong debugging and problem solving skills
• Proven track record developing performant, scalable solutions across a full application
• Deep experience in AGILE development, SCRUM and Application Lifecycle Management
• Experience with RDBMS is required
• Experience with Source control (GIT etc.)
• Experience with CI/CD pipelines (Jenkins/Bamboo etc.)
- REST Webservices
What you can expect from us
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com.
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer. In addition, CGI is committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities in accordance with provincial legislation. Please let us know if you require a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during any aspect of the recruitment process and we will work with you to address your needs.