CGI, one of the largest IT and business consulting services firms globally, is at the forefront of transforming digital experiences. Through practical and strategic innovations, we’re helping drive value and greater efficiencies into commercial and government organizations around the world.
We’re growing our team of passionate designers, architects and engineers in leading design and technical innovation across Global Wealth. We’re looking for a talented and product-focused UI/UX designer who will execute interaction and interface design as part of a cross-functional agile team.
Your future duties and responsibilities
In this role, you will:
• Work closely with product owners, business partners, developers, and data architects to understand business and functional requirements, as well as technical considerations.
• Lead the ideation and experience design of complex applications for web and mobile.
• Own the creation of consistent experiences across products and platforms through user-centered design processes, including competitor analysis, heuristic evaluations, personas, sitemaps, process flows, wireframes, mockups and interactive prototypes.
• Collaborate with development teams to ensure the design quality is maintained down the stream.
• Present and review designs with developers, product managers, and key stakeholders.
• Be able to educate and articulate the thinking & strategy behind your work and design decisions.
• Conduct and/or coordinate design walkthroughs, feedback sessions and usability testing to validate proposed design solutions with stakeholders and end users.
• Ensure consistency across digital experiences and contribute in growing our library of components, interaction models and style guide.
• Advocate for good user experience and design practices within the organization.
Required qualifications to be successful in this role
What we’re looking for:
• Proven experience bringing digital products to life (ideally in a financial environment).
• Demonstrated proficiency in Sketch, Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, Invision, etc.
• Ego-less and objective attitude where you enjoy an iterative design process that includes accepting and managing feedback, and challenging conventional wisdom.
• Passion for emerging technologies and desire to innovate.
• A strong portfolio demonstrating a diversity of experience that encompasses UX expertise, interaction design, creativity and critical thinking.
• Comfortable working in ambiguity and quickly iterating your way to a well, thought-out solution.
• Able to adapt approach and process to fit project goals, timelines and other parameters.
• Demonstrated ability to work as part of a highly collaborative team in an agile environment.
• Strong understanding of user-centered design practices with a desire to understand the end user.
• Solid understanding of front-end development and are comfortable talking to developers about the details of style sheets and CSS implementation.
• Deep understanding of mobile-first and responsive design.
- UI Funct. Design & Proto./CU
- UX requirements
- UX Strategy
- Design (Infrastructure)
What you can expect from us
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com.
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer. In addition, CGI is committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities in accordance with provincial legislation. Please let us know if you require a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during any aspect of the recruitment process and we will work with you to address your needs.