New Position Downtown, Toronto!
Would you like to be part of an IT organization that offers great opportunities and challenges? Join CGI and fast-track your career. As a leading-edge IT company, we are looking for talented professionals with all levels of IT knowledge and expertise to support our clients around the world.
Through our industry-specific approach, we can offer you a work environment where you will be challenged, have room to grow, and significantly develop your career!
We will help you reach your full potential by providing learning and training materials, mentoring and coaching, as well as ongoing recognition and feedback—in addition to opportunities for advancement!
You will work in a flexible environment that quickly adapts to client requirements.
We have an available position with one of our clients in the financial sector. Our team, based in Toronto and Montréal, is made up of dynamic, passionate, and customer service-oriented members to provide IT support to diagnose, troubleshoot, and resolve issues. We are dedicated to delivering an exceptional experience!
Your future duties and responsibilities
• Resolve technical issues in a complex environment using various applications and local and/or global architecture.
• Provide users with technical assistance in person or remote support as required.
• Resolve functional issues efficiently and communicate them to appropriate stakeholders.
• Ensure the availability and smooth operation of applications under assigned portfolio (Level 1 and Level 2).
• Define and update the application support guide as required.
• Analyze recurring problems and propose areas for improvement and other preventative measures.
• Process ad hoc requests and demands from users as required.
• Participate in post-deployment testing of new versions.
• Help configure platform installation as required.
• Manage local customer relations effectively through prompt response and timely feedback.
• Respond to users within a set timeframe according to the severity of the problem, document, track (case studies, issues, action plans).
• Communicate production and project statuses to the project manager and the IT management team in a timely manner.
• Adhere to internal IT policy/standards and processes.
Required qualifications to be successful in this role
• Discrete and professional.
• Customer-oriented and open to different ideas and points of view.
• Able to analyze, resolve, and monitor issues.
• Autonomous, able to work in geographically distributed teams.
• Able to quickly adapt to and learn new environments, systems, and products.
• Proactive and results-oriented: able to set goals and priorities.
Education and other Requirements:
• Diploma of college studies in computer science, information technologies, or other pertinent technical field or equivalent to higher.
• Minimum 3 years + of experience in a related technical support position.
• Good knowledge of Windows 7 and 10 operating systems required.
• Knowledge of Microsoft Office suite (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint) required.
• Experience or knowledge of Apple iOS platform an asset.
• Knowledge of Windows Server, SQL Server, Web Server, TCI/IP, and LAN/WAN environments an asset.
• Knowledge of Office 365 an asset.
- Microsoft Office365
What you can expect from us
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com.
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer. In addition, CGI is committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities in accordance with provincial legislation. Please let us know if you require a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during any aspect of the recruitment process and we will work with you to address your needs.