CGI is a global business and technology service provider with $11.5B in revenues. CGI is on a mission to help financial services organizations focus on servicing their clients. CGI supports 15 of the top 20 banks worldwide and our top 10 banking clients have worked with us for 26 years on average. Our clients have seen the value and commitment we bring through our products. This is why nearly $1.6 trillion in assets managed through CGI’s portfolio management, investment fund and asset management solutions.
You will be joining our consulting organization at pivotal point. Over the next 18 months, we will intensely help our client build out a regulatory product and an AML product. We have ambitious growth plans and are looking for motivated people to join us.
As a Senior Business Analyst, you will be given the tools to solve business problems, but it’ll up to you to make it happen. As an experienced analyst, you will be expected to mentor our junior analysts.
Your future duties and responsibilities
What will you do?
- Diagnose. Be curious. Learn from others – peers, development team, and management. Read about new regulations, follow industry forums, think about how to build new solutions and improve what we have built. Identify what we do well and what we can do better.
- Solution. Solve complex problems working with your team. Understand regulatory and business requirements and come up with scalable solutions. Ask questions and think about if solutions others have in mind really address the core problem. Cut out anything that is not needed. Work with developers to implement the solution and automate testing. Test it and make sure it works as we expect it to.
- Mentor. Help your team get better. Work with junior analysts to improve their contribution to the team. Build a sense of community.
Who are you?
- Quality first. You believe quality is into every step of the development cycle, not bolted on at the end. You believe in automating as much as possible. You believe we should be open-minded and logic should prevail where the best solution given constraints wins.
- Team player. You believe a strong team will achieve more than a few heroes. You believe humility is strength and that no one, including yourself, is above any task to achieve a team goal. You try to foster an environment in which teammates can constructively challenge anyone for the betterment of the team.
- Continuous learner. You are open-minded and are excited about being challenged and solving complex problems. You can empathize with and mentor junior analysts to solve business problems. You get excited at the opportunity to work on new and complex problems.
Required qualifications to be successful in this role
You need to have:
- experience as a Capital Markets business analyst for at least 5 years
- experience working in an agile environment
- knowledge of Anti-Money Laundering initiatives or Capital Markets regulatory initiatives (Dodd Frank, EMIR, CSA, etc.)
- strong analytical and communication skills
- strong technical skills including SQL, data analysis and systems analysis
- It would be nice if you have experience with:
- Experience working with FPML and FIX protocols
- TDD/ATDD experience
Here's how we work:
We work very hard to meet tight timelines to keep our clients regulatory compliant.
We deliver in increments through bi-weekly sprints to continually address the top priorities of our clients. We foster an environment of entrepreneurship in which cross-functional teams are given autonomy to make decisions. We have multiple teams that work on the product and each team is given flexibility to find a way that best allows them to thrive. We try to keep the static teams to less than 10 to form a micro-team culture. We encourage team members “swarming" on a single issue instead working on issues in silo.
It will be hard. We have high expectations and our teams are filled with dedicated high calibre members. You’ll need to have persistence, passion and grit.
- Capital Adequacy Measurement
What you can expect from us
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com.
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer. In addition, CGI is committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities in accordance with provincial legislation. Please let us know if you require a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during any aspect of the recruitment process and we will work with you to address your needs.